Python Package Index (PyPI) role management tools
This package provides a few simple scripts to administrate the Python Package Index (PyPI).
Adding and Removing Roles
The first two scripts allow to grant or revoke the owner role to/from a user for a list of packages. Here is the syntax:
# addrole --user=USER --pwd=PASSWORD TARGETUSER PACKAGE1, PACKAGE2, ... # delrole --user=USER --pwd=PASSWORD TARGETUSER PACKAGE1, PACKAGE2, ...
Optionally, you can also apply the role changes to all packages of the calling user:
# addrole --user=USER --pwd=PASSWORD -a TARGETUSER # delrole --user=USER --pwd=PASSWORD -a TARGETUSER
- Show command line help correctly.
- Show a error message instead of exception traceback, when user is not an owner and thus can not give someone else the owner role.
- Change mailing list to zope-dev at zope.org instead of retired one.
- Change “cheeseshop” to “pypi” in the package’s url.
- Fix package description.
- Initial release. Implemented addrole and delrole scripts, which allow one to add and remove roles for a user from one or more packages.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.