PDF parser and analyzer
Please Note this is a fork of the main package at 29/04/2022 12:00 GMT No updtaes are likley It has been forked and uplaoded to insure an wholely MIT version of the package is avalible. The following is from the origional package.
We fathom PDF
Pdfminer.six is a community maintained fork of the original PDFMiner. It is a tool for extracting information from PDF documents. It focuses on getting and analyzing text data. Pdfminer.six extracts the text from a page directly from the sourcecode of the PDF. It can also be used to get the exact location, font or color of the text.
It is built in a modular way such that each component of pdfminer.six can be replaced easily. You can implement your own interpreter or rendering device that uses the power of pdfminer.six for other purposes than text analysis.
Check out the full documentation on Read the Docs.
- Written entirely in Python.
- Parse, analyze, and convert PDF documents.
- PDF-1.7 specification support. (well, almost).
- CJK languages and vertical writing scripts support.
- Various font types (Type1, TrueType, Type3, and CID) support.
- Support for extracting images (JPG, JBIG2, Bitmaps).
- Support for various compressions (ASCIIHexDecode, ASCII85Decode, LZWDecode, FlateDecode, RunLengthDecode, CCITTFaxDecode)
- Support for RC4 and AES encryption.
- Support for AcroForm interactive form extraction.
- Table of contents extraction.
- Tagged contents extraction.
- Automatic layout analysis.
How to use the origional version
Install Python 3.6 or newer.
pip install pdfminer.six
(Optionally) install extra dependencies for extracting images.
pip install 'pdfminer.six[image]
Use command-line interface to extract text from pdf:
python pdf2txt.py samples/simple1.pdf
Be sure to read the contribution guidelines.
This repository includes code from
pyHanko ; the original license has been included here.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for 20220429_pdfminer-jameslp310-0.0.2.tar.gz
Hashes for 20220429_pdfminer_jameslp310-0.0.2-py3-none-any.whl