Arimaa Engine Interface tools
This package provides a specification for the Arimaa Engine Interface (AEI). It also includes some tools for using engines that implement AEI. Including an interface to the arimaa.com gameroom. A full description of AEI can be found in the file aei-protocol.txt.
The scripts included for working with an AEI engine are:
- A simple script that runs an engine and has it search a given position or move sequence.
- AEI controller that connects to the arimaa.com gameroom and plays a game.
- Keeps a bot making moves as needed in any postal games it is a participant in.
- Plays engines against each other in a round robin tournament.
- Very basic AEI engine, just plays random step moves.
Basic examples of using the scripts can be found in the file usage.rst.
The pyrimaa package also includes modules implementing the controller side of the AEI protocol (aei.py), the Arimaa position representation (as bitboards in board.py and x88 in x88board.py), and a few utility functions for handling Arimaa timecontrols (util.py).
If you have python2 and pip on your machine you can install the latest release with:
pip install aei
On an operating system with a system supplied python you probably want to keep the aei install separate from your system installed packages. To accomplish that you can use either a virtualenv or user install. A user install is done simply by adding the --user option:
pip install --user aei
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size AEI-1.2.tar.gz (58.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|