- Space efficient storage
- Variable block size deduplication is used to reduce the number of bytes stored by detecting redundant data. Each file is split into a number of variable length chunks and only chunks that have never been seen before are compressed and added to the repository.
- Optional data encryption
- All data can be protected using 256-bit AES encryption and data integrity and authenticity is verified using HMAC-SHA256.
- Off-site backups
- Attic can store data on any remote host accessible over SSH. This is most efficient if Attic is also installed on the remote host.
- Backups mountable as filesystems
- Backup archives are mountable as userspace filesystems for easy backup verification and restores.