A collection of python utility functions and classes.
BlazeUtils was originally developed as a library to hold common tools for the Blaze library family.
Over the years it has been expanded to be somewhat of a catch-all for tools commonly used by the Level 12 development team.
Questions & Comments
Please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/blazelibs
The code and API stay pretty stable.
Source code and issue tracker are on GitHub.
$ git clone https://github.com/blazelibs/blazeutils.git blazeutils-src $ cd blazeutils-src $ tox ...<snip>... clean: commands succeeded py27: commands succeeded py34: commands succeeded stats: commands succeeded congratulations :)
This is the most recent activity. See changelog-archive.rst in the source distribution for older changelog notes.
0.5.3 released <in development>
- Create setup.cfg to build universal wheel
- Create set of functional programming tools
0.5.2 released 2016-11-23
- Added Python 3.5 compatibility
- Set up CI and coverage
0.5.1 released 2015-05-12
- Fixed spreadsheets.xlsx_to_reader Python 3.4 compatibility
- Fixed numbers.convert_int exception test for Python 3.4 compatibility
- Fixed case where error handling’s _uie_matches masked real exception by creating one
0.5.0 released 2015-03-24
- Added Python 3.4 compatibility.
- Remove blazeutils.xlrd. It had been deprecated and the objects moved to .spreadsheets.
0.4.4 released 2014-12-25
- changed how the version string is determined in __init__.py
- archive old changelog notes
0.4.3 released 2014-12-16
- add xlsx_to_strio() and WriterX.mwrite()
0.4.2 released 2014-12-08
fix wrong dates for 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 releases in changelog
add roundsecs argument to dates.trim_mils
updates to spreadsheets module including .xlsx file support
- xlsx_to_reader(): converts xlsxwriter.Workbook instance to xlrd reader
- WriterX: like Writer but for xlsxwriter Worksheets, API is slightly different and won’t have any faculties for style management like Writer does.
- Reader: gets a .from_xlsx() method
- http_headers(): utility function to help when sending files as HTTP response
0.4.1 released 2014-05-17
- fix packaging issue
0.4.0 released 2014-05-17
- testing.raises() gets support for custom exception validators, docstring updated w/ usage
- decorators.curry() use a different approach so multiple curried functions can be used
- add decorators.hybrid_method() ala SQLAlchemy
- add decorators.memoize() primarily for SQLAlchemy method caching
- BC break: .decorators now uses ‘wrapt’ so that is a new dependency
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|BlazeUtils-0.5.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (34.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Dec 28, 2017|
|BlazeUtils-0.5.3.tar.gz (28.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Dec 28, 2017|