Authorization / authentication client library for Python web applications
Authomatic is a framework agnostic library for Python web applications with a minimalistic but powerful interface which simplifies authentication of users by third party providers like Facebook or Twitter through standards like OAuth and OpenID.
For more info visit the project page at http://authomatic.github.io/authomatic.
Update - 2017-05-17
Authomatic is currently going through the process of migrating to becoming a community-managed project. Please bear with us during these changes. We hope to begin work on updating the project and working on Issues and PRs soon. Many thanks to Peter Hudec for all his hard work for creating and maintaining authomatic!
- Loosely coupled.
- Tiny but powerful interface.
- The python-openid library is the only optional dependency.
- Framework agnostic thanks to adapters. Out of the box support for Django, Flask, Pyramid and Webapp2.
- Ready to accommodate future authorization/authentication protocols.
- Makes provider API callls a breeze.
- Asynchronous requests.
- Out of the box support for:
- OAuth 1.0a providers: Bitbucket, Flickr, Meetup, Plurk, Twitter, Tumblr, UbuntuOne, Vimeo, Xero, Xing and Yahoo.
- OAuth 2.0 providers: Amazon, Behance, Bitly, Cosm, DeviantART, Eventbrite, Facebook, Foursquare, GitHub, Google, LinkedIn, PayPal, Reddit, Viadeo, VK, WindowsLive, Yammer and Yandex.
- python-openid and Google App Engine based OpenID.
The package is licensed under MIT license.
Requires Python 2.6 and newer. Python 3.x support added in Authomatic 0.0.11 thanks to Emmanuel Leblond.
There is a Google App Engine based live demo app running at http://authomatic-example.appspot.com which makes use of most of the features.
Read the exhaustive documentation at http://authomatic.github.io/authomatic.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size CAuthomatic-0.1.5-py2-none-any.whl (108.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size CAuthomatic-0.1.5.tar.gz (269.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for CAuthomatic-0.1.5-py2-none-any.whl