A python GUI framework on top of Sqlalchemy and Qt, inspired by the Django admin interface. Start building desktop applications at warp speed, simply by adding some additional information to you model definition.
Camelot provides components for building business applications on top of Python, SQLAlchemy and Qt. It is inspired by the Django admin interface. A simple piece of code as this:
class Task( Entity ): short_description = Column( Unicode( 60 ), nullable = False ) due_date = Column( Date() ) long_description = Column( RichText() ) class Admin( EntityAdmin ): list_display = ['short_description', 'due_date']
Is enough to define your database schema, define the mapping between the database and objects, and to create a user friendly desktop GUI.
Building applications with Camelot has these advantages :
- Use high quality editors together with the Qt Model-View framework
- Editors are bound to the model without writing binding code
- User friendliness and performance out of the box
- Tons of built in functions such as data import and export, printing, backup and restore
- Documentation on creating the various parts of an application like wizards and reports
For more information, refer to :
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Camelot-13.04.13_gpl_pyqt-py2.7.egg (4.5 MB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Camelot-13.04.13-gpl-pyqt.tar.gz (3.6 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Camelot-13.04.13_gpl_pyqt-py2.7.egg
Hashes for Camelot-13.04.13-gpl-pyqt.tar.gz