A general purpose conversion library
- A general purpose conversion library
ConversionKit is a general purpose conversion library designed as an improvement to the functionality in FormEncode but using simple functions rather than complex schema and validators and avoiding the use of exceptions to flag errors. See the introducion in the manual for full details.
- Download and install from source
- Releasing some changes from hg, including use of toDict()
- Fixing a bug with Field() where empty_error settings weren’t being applied
- Fixing a bug with incorrect message arguments
- Added the start of a types library
- BuildKit support
- Added extra message options to toDictionary()
- Updated the MANIFEST.in file to include the tests and doc sources
- Updated the license to GNU AGPLv3
- Split the FormEncode documentation and tests out from the main docs and tests. FormEncode isn’t officially supported and its use with ConversionKit is deprecated.
- Renamed new_conversion to child_conversion internally
- Upgraded tryEach() to be able to assign items to a dictionary, and stop on the first result or first error.
- Made toDictionary() return unicode keys by default
- Used pprint() in the docs to help avoid the problem of dictionaries changing their sort order as functionality changes and help make the code easier to read.
- Allowed missing and empty errors in toDictionary() to be specified as a string and as a tuple as well as a dict and added in documentation and tests.
- Improved the documentation and checked doctests all pass
- Refactored the toDictionary() converter to support missing and empty errors and defaults
- Removed the nested, first_stab and second_stab modules
- Clarified process around post converters
- Changed naming convention to use a lower-case first letter for functions which return functions
- Added Or converter
- Re-written from the ground up with a better naming convention and more explanation in the docs.
- Implemented if_missing and if_empty.
- Completely re-wrote everything again with a vastly simplified API, new detailed documentation, over 180 doctests and Sphinx doc generation.
- Added new handlers
- Errors now return a string
- QUERNS format error encoding supported
- Added some more examples to the docs
- Complete re-write to use a convesion-oriented approach, remove groups and focus on nested structs as the preferred data structure. The original code is still available in first_stab.py
- Added some better error handling
- First version
ConversionKit - Tools for handling conversions
Copyright (C) 2008 James Gardner
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.