A PostgreSQL ORM
This is my effort to create an ORM which would take full advantage from PostgresSQL. It is currently under steady development.
- PostgresSQL is great. However portable ORM’s use it like SQLite. To use all features of Postgres we need to drop portability to weaker engines.
- Simple things should be simple, complicated things should be possible. The ORM should guess all the obvious things, but allow to override them.
- Where possible use pythonic EAFP strategy. If database seems to be not in sync with ORM try to migrate.
- The interaction with persistent objects should be as seamless and pythonic as possible
- Simple tables.
- Simplest one-to-many and many-to-one
- EAFP table creation
- Simplest identities
- Dependent and independent relations
- Some documentation
- Tree decorator for simple parent_id tree
- List-like relations
- Dict-like relations
- Advanced primary keys
- Concurrency control and conflict detection
- Advanced identities
- EAFP table migration
- Joined loading strategy
- Full documentation
- MPTT trees
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|Elephantoplasty-0.1.tar.bz2 (69.8 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Nov 17, 2013|
|Elephantoplasty-0.1.zip (100.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Nov 17, 2013|