Python library to access Gene Expression Omnibus Database (GEO)
Python library to access Gene Expression Omnibus Database (GEO).
GEOparse is python package that can be used to query and retrieve data from Gene Expression Omnibus database (GEO). The inspiration and the base for it is great R library GEOquery.
- Free software: BSD license
- Documentation: https://GEOparse.readthedocs.org.
- Download GEO series, datasets etc. as SOFT files
- Download supplementary files for GEO series to use them locally
- Load GEO SOFT as easy to use and manipulate objects
- Prepare your data for GEO upload
At the command line:
$ pip install GEOparse
There is still work to do so any contribution is welcome. The main issues are:
- add checking for compatibility with SOFT files
- expand GEOTypes objects with useful functions for differential expression analysis
- share your idea
- SRA function of GSE can now filter GSMs
- Added functions to download supplementary files including raw files from SRA
- Updated documentation including example
- Updated tests: they now cover 80% of library with all important functions
- Added pivot_and_annotate method to GSE object
- Updated documentation
- Added pivot_samples to GSE object
- Code of GEOTypes was refactored
- All objects now have to_soft function
- Various bugfixes
- Added GDS support
- Added to_soft methods to GSE, GSM and GPL
- Added DATABASE entry support to GSE and GDS
- Brown-Bag release
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|GEOparse-0.1.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl (15.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|GEOparse-0.1.6.tar.gz (172.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|