Utilities to control Parker Hannifin Gemini stepper/servo motor drives.
This Python package provides an interface to Parker Hannifin Gemini stepper/servo motor drives.
Only the ASCII protocol is supported at this time, meaning that only newer GV6 and GT6 drives are supported.
The package’s documetation is found at http://pythonhosted.org/GeminiMotorDrive/
The package’s source code is found at https://github.com/frejanordsiek/GeminiMotorDrive
The package uses the Apache 2.0 license http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
This package requires Python >= 3.0 at this time. It still needs additional development to support Python 2.7 and 2.6.
This package requires the serial package.
To install GeminiMotorDrive, download the package and run the command:
python3 setup.py install
Need New Maintainer
As of 2016-02-12, I (Freja Nordsiek) no longer have access to a Gemini stepper/servo motor. Thus, I can no longer continue development of this project other than fixing obvious small bugs. If someone is interested in taking over this package, please contact me.
- 0.2. Major release changing many things.
- Changed license from 2-clause BSD to Apache 2.0.
- Major API rewrite - breaks compatability with 0.1.x versions.
- Main module split into several submodules.
- GeminiG6 and LinearMotorGV6 classes combined together as GeminiG6 and several of its methods split off into their own classes in the submodules.
- A lot of documentation added.
- 0.1.1. Bugfix release fixing one bug.
- Fixed bug in how GeminiG6.move_time calculated the time a movement would take in the case that the drive cannot reach its maximum velocity in the motion.
0.1. Initial version.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|GeminiMotorDrive-0.2-py3-none-any.whl (40.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||any||Wheel||Mar 28, 2016|
|GeminiMotorDrive-0.2.zip (50.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Feb 12, 2016|