Simple SSH key management service
Geofront is a simple SSH key management server. It helps to maintain servers to SSH, and authorized_keys list for them. Read the docs for more details.
- If the team maintains authorized_keys list of all servers owned
by the team:
- When someone joins or leaves the team, all lists have to be updated.
- Who do update the list?
- If the team maintains shared private keys to SSH servers:
- These keys have to be expired when someone leaves the team.
- There should be a shared storage for the keys. (Dropbox? srsly?)
- Everyone might need to add -i option to use team’s own key.
- The above ways are both hard to scale servers. Imagine your team has more than 10 servers.
- Geofront has its own master key. The private key is never shared. The master key is periodically and automatically regened.
- Every server has a simple authorized_keys list, which authorizes only the master key.
- Every member registers their own public key to Geofront. The registration can be omitted if the key storage is GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
- A member requests to SSH a server, then Geofront temporarily (about 30 seconds, or a minute) adds their public key to authorized_keys of the requested server.
- Linux, BSD, Mac
- Python 3.3+
- Third-party packages (automatically installed together)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Geofront-0.4.0-py3-none-any.whl (56.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.6||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size Geofront-0.4.0.tar.gz (43.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|