An IRC bot that organizes and plays the card game Hanabi.
An IRC bot that organizes and plays the card game Hanabi.
Installing and running the hanabot:
To run the game on your own channel do the following:
Download and install hanabIRC and dependencies:
> sudo pip install hanabIRC
Generate a default configuration file:
> sudo hanabIRC –makeconf > /etc/hanabIRC.conf
Edit the default configuration:
> vi /etc/hanabIRC.conf
Run the bot:
You may want to run the bot in screen or tmux.
> tmux > hanabIRC 2>&1 | tee hanabot.log > ^B-d # to unattach from tmux.
- 2014-06-16 - Version 1.2.05 - devoice on !delete
- 2014-04-06 - Version 1.2.04 - bug fix for unsolvable 5 deck
- 2014-04-06 - Version 1.2.03 - Give a warning when playing with solvable_rainbow_5 option as the shuffle may be stacked.
- 2014-04-06 - Version 1.2.02 - Minor phrasing change. Added ‘solvable_rainbow_5’ option. If True, do not let bottom of deck be a rainbow 1, 2, 3, or 4 when playing a rainbow_5 game.
- 2014-03-04 - Version 1.2.01 - use notice to chan when replacing nicks in an active game.
- 2014-03-04 - Version 1.2 - hanbot tracks nicks in the game and replaces them as needed.
- 2014-02-11 - Version 1.1.04 - Sort !hands in player turn order instead of alphabetically.
- 2014-01-07 - Version 1.1.03 - bugfix for new !last syntax.
- 2014-01-06 - Version 1.1.02 - added optional 3rd arg to !last, a pattern. If given only display game strings that contain that pattern.
- 2013-11-29 - Version 1.1.0001 - Stop abuse of !last by Chank.
- 2013-11-04 - Version 1.1.0 - Bold the Table line in addition to underline to make it stand out.
- 2013-10-31 - Version 1.0.99 - Revert auto-join, was causing odd effects. Use light cyan for blue color.
- 2013-10-30 - Version 1.0.98 - Use mIRC black color for all color backgrounds. Easier for non-black-background clients.
- 2013-10-29 - Version 1.0.97 - Fixed, hopefully, the notice about no hints remaining.
- 2013-10-29 - Version 1.0.96 - Do not add obviously unplayed games to game history log.
- 2013-10-29 - Version 1.0.95 - Devoice on game end. Devoice on !leave always.
- 2013-10-29 - Version 1.0.94 - !Join will start a new game if there is not one in the channel already. voice/devoice fixes.
- Disable !die command.
- 2013-10-29 - Version 1.0.93 - Remove !die command. Voice players in game. Add note when thre are no hints remaining.
- 2013-10-01 - Version 1.0.91 - Fix another speling error.
- 2013-09-17 - Version 1.0.9 - Fix speling error.
- 2013-09-09 - Version 1.0.8 - Do not show whose turn it is if not in game.
- 2013-09-09 - Version 1.0.7 - Do not allow someone to both watch and play the game!
- 2013-09-07 - Version 1.0.6 - Reformat date in !last listing
- Added !watch command so people can observer the game (see the hands as they change)
- use !leave to leave the game as an observer.
- 2013-09-06 - Version 1.0.5 - added rate limiting to bot output. should ease the bot-kicked-from-flooding problem.
- added timestamps to game history listing
- 2013-08-03 - Version 1.0.4 - Added support for showing all hints given by doing “!hints all”.
- 2013-08-02 - Version 1.0.3 - End game with zero points when all storms flipped.
- 2013-07-25 - Version 1.0.2 - Show game type in !last output.
- 2013-07-21 - Version 1.0.1 - Show !last only to nick that requested it in order to not ping people in channel.
- 2013-07-21 - Version 1.0.0 - Same as 0.2.5
- 2013-07-21 - Version 0.2.50 - !last n command added: show results for the last N games. History is persistant across restarts.
- 2013-07-18 - Version 0.2.40 - Can have multiple home channels now.
- 2013-07-17 - Version 0.2.35 - Make repeat_backs == False the default.
- 2013-07-13 - Version 0.2.34 - Tweak to !hints to fix oddness when used before game starts.
- 2013-07-13 - Version 0.2.33 - New command !hints shows all hints given to the user during current game.
- 2013-07-12 - Version 0.2.32 - Handle card back wrap around correctly in A-Z case.
- 2013-07-12 - Version 0.2.31 - added game options. one option so far: repeat_backs. If False use A-Z for card backs, else A-E
- 2013-07-07 - Version 0.2.3 - Fix empty command (“!”) error.
- 2013-06-21 - Version 0.2.2 - Fix underline control code - 0x1f instead of 0x15. Also use lighter blue and green to make a little more visible.
- 2013-06-20 - Version 0.2.1 - Underline “Table” line to make it stand out a bit more.
- 2013-05-31 - Version 0.2.0 - Fix misspeling.
- 2013-05-28 - Version 0.1.25 - Do not show turn or hands privately on last turn.
- 2013-05-28 - Version 0.1.24 - Show turns remaining on table once deck is empty.
- 2013-05-28 - Version 0.1.23 - Make rainbow card display consistant: “RNBW”.
- 2013-05-27 - Version 0.1.22 - Only people in the game can !stop it.
- 2013-05-27 - Version 0.1.21 - More rainbow updates. Delete a game at !stop.
- 2013-05-27 - Version 0.1.20 - Rainbow updates. Display chan name in !games. Correctly delete a game when it’s over.
- 2013-05-27 - Version 0.1.19 - Bug fix for rainbow game.
- 2013-05-24 - Version 0.1.18 - Fix partial colors given as clues handling. Order hands alphabetically.
- 2013-05-24 - Version 0.1.17 - Allow “invalid” hints to be given and count them as a real hint.
- 2013-05-22 - Version 0.1.16 - Fix (again) fencepost error of last turns at game end. Count hint as a turn in last turns.
- 2013-05-15 - Version 0.1.15 - Show hands of all players at end of game.
- 2013-05-14 - Version 0.1.14 - Fix fencepost error when computing end of game due to end of deck.
- 2013-05-07 - Version 0.1.13 - Use /msg for table display soas to not disturb people in the channel, but not playing. Sort table and discard piles in the same way.
- 2013-04-18 - Version 0.1.12 - Bug fix.
- 2013-04-17 - Version 0.1.11 - Bug fix in !game and !games command.
- 2013-04-17 - Version 0.1.10 - Display table in same compact form as the discard pile. New command !stop immediately stops and scores the game. Only players can !stop a game.
- 2013-04-12 - Version 0.1.9 - Dicard pile display is more compact. Can add 5 or 10 rainbow cards (instead of just 5). Post-game action bug squashed. Do not prefix # to channel in !new if it is already there.
- 2013-04-12 - Version 0.1.8 - sort discard pile, notes, and storms.
- 2013-03-11 - Version 0.1.7 - notify channel works. If “notify_channel” given in the configuration file, that channel will get a notification when a new game begins (regardless of which channel it starts in.)
- 2013-03-10 - Version 0.1.6 - everyone now gets one more turn when the deck empties before the game ends.
- 2013-02-24 - Version 0.1.5 - added support for hanabot talking to all players during move. Current player notified when it is his/her turn. Fixed bug that caused Hanabot to ignore privmsgs. Everyone now gets notified of all player’s hands at the start of a turn.
- 2013-02-14 - Version 0.1.4 - added support for rainbow cards. When starting a game, add “rainbow” to start command to use them: “!start rainbow”.
- Added mutli-channel support. Hanbot can now run in multiple channels, keeping track of multiple games.
- Enforce one person per game
- Use NOTICE instead of prvimsg to display text inline to user/channel.
- 2013-02-13 - Interface updates after user feedback.
- 2013-02-13 - Initial creation. (See git logs for history.)
- do not print hint to channel if given in a PRIVMSG
- add total time game took at end game?
- keep stats?
- add user-configured color to the bot
- add !replace command to replace people in-game
- add actual rules text
- make sure when a player leaves, they do not still get PMs.
- remove redundant need to specify player name in !hint command in two player games.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|HanabIRC-1.2.05.tar.gz (27.3 kB) View hashes||Source||None|