A set of input and output functions for the command line.
Project DescriptionRelease History Download Files
IOTk is a set of functions that make it easy to display output and get input from the command line.
- Gets a string value from the user.
- Asks the user for a value and makes sure that it’s an integer.
- Checks for “yes” or “no” against 8 languages, plus plain old “y” and “n”.
- Asks the user for a filename, then verifies that it exists.
- Asks the user for a folder name, then verifies that it exists.
- Gets a string from the user and verifies it against a regular expression. It can be supplied a custom invalidation message so the user doesn’t see “Must match the regular expression: ” followed by a bunch of apparently random characters and stop using your program out of frustration.
- If the COLUMNS environment variable is set, this will take it. If not, it assumes 80.
- Prints the keys and values in a dictionary, with incredibly flexible formatting options.
- Prints the items in a list, with the same formatting options as print_dict.
- A powerful word-wrapping function that will wrap words to a certain number of columns.
- A thick wrapper around wrap_str that provides alignment and fill options.
- Writes a line of text and underlines it.
- The famous implementation from PEP 257, this will strip leading whitespace from a docstring.