This is a CLI based cleaner utility for Unix based systems.
Welcome to InnoCleaner
This is a Cleaning & File Sorting Utility which is developed by me as a submission for Innovaccer HackerCamp 18 under the assignment titled Infrastructure Engineering Assignment.
The problem statement for the implemented project is: Infrastructure Engineering Assignment
To install run the command: pip install InnoCleaner
- In normal user mode:
- Command: InnoCleaner
- -With super-user privileges:
- -Command: sudo InnoCleaner
- Unix Platform
- Python Installation with version >= 2.7
- Scan the specified path in the file system to display top 10 largest sized files.
- Move the files on Desktop based on extension and save them in Documents folder clubbed in folders according to extension.
Now let us describe what InnoCleaner is:
InnoCleaner is a UNIX based CLI cleaner utility that gives the user a tool to perform disk cleanup and related capabilities.
- Scan and Save Space : Given the path and number of files to list, it
can recursively scan the path to display the largest sized
files(Further operations include):
- Delete file(s):
- For this choose the corresponding option and specify the file(s) (space separated if multiple)
- Compressing file(s):
- Similar to compression, specify the file(s) (space separated if multiple)
- Stats about the amount of space saved are then displayed.
- Delete file(s):
- Sorting : Given the path of a source and destination, the files in source folder are sorted according to extension and saved folder-wise in the destination location
- Duplicity : Given a path, InnoCleaner recursively scans the path for detecting duplicate files.
- Cleanup : On selecting the Cleanup Option, the temp files are cleaned.
- After displaying the scanned files, when you choose the options to delete/compress, again the list of files will be displayed from which you can choose the files to perform the required action on.
- If using python < 3, specify the path to directories and space separated options in double quotes e.g. (“/home/user_name/” & “1 2 3”).
- For cleaning temp files run the program in Super User mode, because normal user does not have permission to access /tmp folder.
No project is complete without a list of improvements & InnoCleaner is no exception. The list of improvements can be never ending:
- Right now the module is tested only for UNIX environments. Test and make the module cross-platform compatible.
- Separate compression algorithms work better with different types of files. So have a list of compression algorithms corresponding to the file extension and by checking the file extension, use the best possible to save most space.
- Just detecting duplicate files isn’t of much use. So provide option to clean the duplicate files too. Since a lot of files may be duplicated, first display only limited number of files, ask for any deletion and then proceed further. Also, provide an option to clean all duplicate files (if the user does not want to select explicitly).
- Detection of obsolete files : Based on the modified dates, obsolete files may be displayed to be cleaned up or compressed.
-Contact: In case of any query you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to help.
Developer Kushagra Gupta, IIIT Hyderabad, Bakul Nivas, Gachibowli Hyderabad - 500032 Telangana, India
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|InnoCleaner-1.0.17.dev1-py3-none-any.whl (13.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|InnoCleaner-1.0.17.dev1.tar.gz (8.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|