The text based MUD made by Lorinthio
Lorelei is what I would call a “MUD++”.
This is a game client which connects to an authoratative game server to provide a visual representation of an entirely text based world. You control a hero with stats, and equipment in a big constantly updated world.
This project was made using pygame as a user interface, and twisted as the networking library. Essentially this gave me the power to easily build a project structure from scratch that allows for easily serializing and deserializing objects over the network between the server and the client.
The Server is closed source to prevent malicious attacks on the game. However the client and library source may be released at some point.
- Login / Account creation (DONE)
- Character Creation (When a new account is made)
- Players can select race/class (DONE)
- Saves the created character and can load it back (DONE)
- Making a Basic World space
- Players can see/talk to each other
- Players can move between rooms
- Adding more interaction
- Players can pickup/drop items
- Players can do basic combat (No skills included yet)
- Create more monsters / items
- Create more detailed classes / skills
- Added room descriptions
- Added button controllers for moving between rooms
- Added exit descriptions to the moving buttons
- Implementing the start of room creation/Movement
- Improved the chat box to be more colorful and type selection words match the color of their type
- Added ‘Whisper Target Box’ to allow for direct messages from client to another client
- Added inter-client communication
- Added chat log / box. As well as message type selection box
- Made this readme (In multiple attempts)
- Finished saving/loading of the character (including equipment/inventory)
- Added logic around login to determine if you have a character
- If not you will be given the character creation screen
- Otherwise you will enter the main game screen (WIP)
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size LoreleiClient-0.1.8.tar.gz (24.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|