Create a nice static publishing websites from ORCIDs.
The project try to create nice publishing websites as static-sites from the ORCID data. To do these you only need the ORCIDs of your staff and there works must be public visible in ORCID.
- Use the ORCID public api and can be used from everyone that have a ORCID
- Easy to configure
- Easy to use
- Creates bib files
- Creates html files that can be filtered with jQuery
- For every ORCID an interval is defined in that works are considered
- The Website is static so no chance for attackers
- Optimize to minimize load of ORCID
The simples way to install is using pip:
pip install ORCSchlange
To use the program first a SQLite db must be created with:
orcs db create --dbfile *path*
When the file is created you can add the basic configuration:
orcs db addConf *id* *secret* --dbfile *path*
How to get these secrets can be read here: https://support.orcid.org/knowledgebase/articles/343182
The last thing to configure is to add the orchids of the user. It takes a date after that the publications are taken in account:
orcs db add *id* *date* --dbfile *path*
Now the configuration is complete. The last step is to fetch the actually data:
orcs fetch --dbfile *path* --path *outpath*
These write a “index.html” file that contains all works that are found.
Now the usual steps are:
- make the html available from the internet
- integrate it in your institute website
- create a cronjob that fetch the data (once a week or so) and keep the html up to date
Here are only the basic options are shown. For a more detailed look at the options use “-h” in the different commands.
These project started as a tutorial on how to interact with a REST-API in python and write a static site with the data. You can find these tutorial here: Static Publications Site-Tutorial.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|ORCSchlange-0.7.1-py3.6.egg (67.2 kB) View hashes||Egg||3.6|
|ORCSchlange-0.7.1-py3-none-any.whl (48.9 kB) View hashes||Wheel||py3|
|ORCSchlange-0.7.1.tar.gz (51.0 kB) View hashes||Source||None|
Hashes for ORCSchlange-0.7.1-py3-none-any.whl