a new-style testing library
Oktest.py is a new-style testing library for Python.
from oktest import test, ok, NG class FooTest(unittest.TestCase): @test("1 + 1 should be 2") def _(self): ok (1+1) == 2 # same as assertEqual(2, 1+1) @test("other examples") def _(self): ok (s) == 'foo' # same as assertEqual(s, 'foo') ok (s) != 'foo' # same as assertNotEqual(s, 'foo') ok (n) > 0 # same as assertTrue(n > 0) ok (fn).raises(Error) # same as assertRaises(Error, fn) ok ().is_a(list) # same as assertTrue(isinstance(, list)) NG ().is_a(tuple) # same as assertTrue(not isinstance(, tuple)) ok ('A.txt').is_file() # same as assertTrue(os.path.isfile('A.txt')) NG ('A.txt').is_dir() # same as assertTrue(not os.path.isdir('A.txt'))
- ok() is provided which is much shorter than self.assertXxxx().
- Allow to write test name in free text.
- Fixture injection support.
- Tracer class is provided which can be used as mock or stub.
- Text diff (diff -u) is displayed when texts are different.
Oktest requires Python 2.4 or later (3.x is supported).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.