Textable add-on for Orange 3 data mining software package.
Textable is an open source add-on bringing advanced text-analytical functionalities to the Orange Canvas data mining software package (itself open source). Look at the following example to see it in typical action.
Orange Textable was designed and implemented by LangTech Sarl on behalf of the department of language and information sciences (SLI) at the University of Lausanne (see Credits and How to cite Orange Textable).
Basic text analysis
- use regular expressions to segment letters, words, sentences, etc. or full-text query
- use regexes to extract annotations from many input formats
- import in-line XML markup (e.g. TEI)
- include/exclude segments based on user-defined lists (stoplists)
- filter segments based on frequency
- easily generate random text samples
Quantitative text analysis
- concordances and collocations, also based on annotations
- segment distribution, document-term matrix, transition matrix, etc.
- co-occurrence tables, also between different types of segments
- robust linguistic complexity measures, incl. mean length of word, lexical diversity, etc.
- many advanced data mining algorithms: clustering, classification, factor analyses, etc.
- Unicode-aware preprocessing functions, e.g. remove accents from Ancient Greek text
- recode and restructure texts using regexes, e.g. rewrite CSV as XML
- handles hundreds of text files
- use Python script for custom text processing or to access external tools: NLTK, Pattern, GenSim, etc.
- import text from keyboard, files, or URLs
- process any kind of raw text format: TXT, HTML, XML, CSV, etc.
- supports many text encodings, incl. Unicode
- export results in text files or copyâ€“paste
Ease of access
- user-friendly visual interface
- ready-made recipes for a range of frequent use cases
- extensive documentation
- support and community forums
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Orange3_Textable-3.0.7-py3-none-any.whl (180.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||Oct 30, 2017|
|Orange3-Textable-3.0.7.tar.gz (138.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Oct 30, 2017|