Tools for using a Web Server Gateway Interface stack
Paste is in maintenance mode and recently moved from bitbucket to github. Patches are accepted to keep it on life support, but for the most part, please consider using other options.
Paste provides several pieces of “middleware” (or filters) that can be nested to build web applications. Each piece of middleware uses the WSGI (PEP 333) interface, and should be compatible with other middleware based on those interfaces.
- Paste project at GitHub (source code, bug tracker)
- Paste on the Python Cheeseshop (PyPI)
- Paste on Read the Docs
Includes these features…
- A fixture for testing WSGI applications conveniently and in-process, in paste.fixture
- A fixture for testing command-line applications, also in paste.fixture
- Check components for WSGI-compliance in paste.lint
- Chain and cascade WSGI applications (returning the first non-error response) in paste.cascade
- Dispatch to several WSGI applications based on URL prefixes, in paste.urlmap
- Allow applications to make subrequests and forward requests internally, in paste.recursive
- Run CGI programs as WSGI applications in paste.cgiapp
- Traverse files and load WSGI applications from .py files (or static files), in paste.urlparser
- Serve static directories of files, also in paste.urlparser; also in that module serving from Egg resources using pkg_resources.
- Catch HTTP-related exceptions (e.g., HTTPNotFound) and turn them into proper responses in paste.httpexceptions
- Several authentication techniques, including HTTP (Basic and Digest), signed cookies, and CAS single-signon, in the paste.auth package.
- Create sessions in paste.session and paste.flup_session
- Gzip responses in paste.gzip
- A wide variety of routines for manipulating WSGI requests and producing responses, in paste.request, paste.response and paste.wsgilib
- Catch (optionally email) errors with extended tracebacks (using Zope/ZPT conventions) in paste.exceptions
- Catch errors presenting a cgitb-based output, in paste.cgitb_catcher.
- Profile each request and append profiling information to the HTML, in paste.debug.profile
- Capture print output and present it in the browser for debugging, in paste.debug.prints
- Validate all HTML output from applications using the WDG Validator, appending any errors or warnings to the page, in paste.debug.wdg_validator
- A file monitor to allow restarting the server when files have been updated (for automatic restarting when editing code) in paste.reloader
- A class for generating and traversing URLs, and creating associated HTML code, in paste.url
The official development repo is at https://github.com/cdent/paste.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Paste-3.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (593.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Paste-3.5.0.tar.gz (638.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Paste-3.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl