A country widget for Archetypes
A country widget for Archetypes
Adds a new tool, portal_countryutil to the Plone root, which lets you manage a list of areas which may contain several countries from the official ISO-country list via the ZMI. A complete list of areas and their countries is being created at install time.
Provides three widgets which you can use in your own Archetype:
- the areas and countries defined in the country tool are then rendered as a dropdown (with <optgroup>).
- provides a dropdown with all areas you have defined.
- for use with LinesField, lets you select multiple countries
Here is some code that demonstrates how to use those widgets:
---- YourArcheType.py ---- # Import the widget/s: from Products.ATCountryWidget.Widget import CountryWidget, AreaWidget # Define the field/s in your schema: [...] StringField( 'country', validators=('isValidISOCountry',), widget=CountryWidget(label='Country', provideNullValue=1, # this is default nullValueTitle='-', # this is default omitCountries=None, # this is default, can be a # list of country codes which # are not displayed description='Select a country') ), [... and/or ...] StringField( 'area', widget=AreaWidget(label='Area', provideNullValue=1, # this is default nullValueTitle='-', # this is default description='Select an area') ), [... and/or ...] LinesField( 'countries', widget=MultiCountryWidget(label='Countries', omitCountries=None, # this is default, can be a # list of country codes which # are not displayed description='Select countries') ), [...]
Use without Archetypes
To use your countrylist in a custom page template outside of an Archetype (e.g. in a search form) you can directly use the API the country tool provides:
<select tal:define="countrytool here/portal_countryutils"> <option>Choose...</option> <optgroup label="Western Europe" tal:repeat="area countrytool/listAreas" tal:attributes="label area/name"> <option value="DE" tal:repeat="country area/countries" tal:content="country/name" tal:attributes="value country/isocc">Germany </option> </optgroup> </select>
For more details on how to customize content-types, add custom fields to content-types, see Martin’s tutorial: http://plone.org/documentation/kb/richdocument/extending-atct
- Release Plone 4 compat version
- Released as egg.
- Added patch from Norman H. Voss (missing country/rearranged default areas)
- Updated README to cover MultiCountryWidget
- Added multiselect widget (MultiCountryWidget)
- Compatibility with Plone 2.1 (RC3)
- Added parameter ‘omitCountries’ to CountryWidget. Country ISO codes in this list are omitted from display in selection.
- added listing of languages and their two letter ISO codes
- release 0.2
- added area-widget
- provideNullValue & nullValue properties for widgets
- creation of complete area-country structure in installer
- migrated to AT 1.3 beta
- release 0.1.1
- added validator
- initial release 0.1
- Norman H. Voss for a patch (04/2006)
- Alex Clark for releasing Plone 4 compat version (from gocept trunk moved to the collective, 04/2011)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.ATCountryWidget-0.2.6.zip (46.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.ATCountryWidget-0.2.6.zip