'BigramSplitter' is add-on search product for Plone 3.x. It supports non-English languages, especially south east Asian languages.
Specification: Text character normalization process uses Python unicodedata. Convert full-width numeric and alphabet character into half-width equivalent. Convert half-width Katakana into full-width equivalent. Therefore all of above character variations can be recognized as same ones.
- No space between words.
- There is only Kanji(Chinese) character
- Process with Bigram(2-gram) model
- No space between words
- Combination 0f Kanji(Chinese), Katakana, and Hiragana character
- There are spaces between words, but it contains a particle
- Combination of Korean alphabet and Kanji(Chinese) character
- Discriminate Korean alphabet and Kanji(Chinese) character and processed with Bigram(2-gram) model
- No space between words
- It’s very difficult to handle this language in a computer
- A vowel and a consonant are registered in Unicode separately so that it is difficult to recognize as one word.
- However, there is a possibility of dealing with Thai characters to use Bigram(2-gram) model.
- Other languages (Including English)
- There is a space between words
- It is indexed each word
Since no documents are available on how to develop ‘word splitter’, we refer to other splitter source code. But I still have a number of questions. If you have any more information, please feel free let us know.
Hotfix to Plone 3.0 source code
Because Plone 3.x catalog setting, catalog.xml, doesn’t have existing index overwrite mechanism, we developed hotfix and added XML attribute. We believe Plone 3 XML define mechanism is simple and clear, so that we take this approach. We appreciate any comment.
Add Products.BigramSplitter to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... Products.BigramSplitter
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = Products.BigramSplitter
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
Plone setting – Add on products – Quick install
- Untar downloaded file, then copy to ‘Products’ directory of your Plone instance.
- Restart Zope
- Plone setting – Add on products – Quick install
- Plone3.0.x or higher
- See docs/LICENSE.txt
- Adding uninstall script
- Fixed missing skin folder name
- Fixed full width space for and search
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.BigramSplitter-1.0-py2.4.egg (39.6 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.BigramSplitter-1.0.tar.gz (22.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.BigramSplitter-1.0-py2.4.egg
Hashes for Products.BigramSplitter-1.0.tar.gz