Bibliographic references in Plone
CMFBibliographyAT is the Archetypes based version of CMFBibliograhy. It enables handling of references to (scientific) publications in Plone. It provides a ‘Bibliography Folder’ content type dedicated to holding reference objects of various kinds, like for ‘articles’, ‘books’, ‘preprints’, ‘techreports’, contributions to collections, … The folder supports import/export of BibTeX formated files.
In addition the package adds a ‘bibliography’ action to the portal tabs and it provides a BibliographyTool called ‘portal_bibliography’ through which you can manage the renderers and parsers for the import/export functionality.
1.1.x is only to be used with Plone 3.x and 1.2.x is only to be used with Plone 4.x and up.
- Add Products.CMFBibliographyAT to the eggs option of your buildout.cfg file and re-run buildout.
- Either choose the CMFBibliographyAT extension profile while creating a new Plone site or install it through the add-on control panel within the Plone UI.
What it does
CMFBibliography provides various new content types:
- Bibliography Entries: Highly structured content objects to hold bibliographic data referencing a publication. The schema is derived from BibTeX (LaTeX’s bibliography handling module).
- Bibliography Folder: Enhanced ‘Skinned Folder’ with some import/import functionality (available through the ‘import’ tab).
Allowed content types are restricted to reference types.
Currently supported import formats are ‘BibTeX’, ‘Endnote’, ‘RIS’, ‘Medline’ and XML/MODS. Check out the accompanying files in ‘import_samples’ to see this in action.
Currently supported export formats: BibTeX (but see below), ‘Endnote’, ‘RIS’ and ‘XML/MODS’.
Under the folder’s ‘defaults’ tab you can (i) specify default links for authors of references with the folder and (ii) define a ranking for the references within the folder. Through the ranking it is possible to control which references will be returned when “asking” the folder for its ‘Top(n)’ references (see the bibliography folder’s source code for more).
In addition CMFBibliographyAT adds two field indexes (‘Authors’ and ‘publication_year’) and three meta data fields (‘Authors’, ‘publication_year’, and ‘Source’) to the portal catalog (if not present) to provide the ‘bibliography’ action which is added to the portal tabs (if you don’t want this, go to ‘portal_bibliography > Actions’ and tick off its visibility).
- Bibutils (optional) http://www.scripps.edu/~cdputnam/software/bibutils to extend the range of supported import/output formats. Bibutils is mandatory for any kind of export/import. Minimum version is Bibutils 4.6.
- Plone 3 or Plone 4
- Bugtracker: http://plone.org/products/cmfbibliographyat/issues
- For questions or for giving feedback: please ask on the plone-biblio mailing list: https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailman/listinfo/plone-biblio
- The CMFBiblibgraphyAT 1.0/1.1 releases were made possible with funding of the Humboldt University, Berlin
- Include all the files with MANIFEST.in
- Compability with Plone 4. Macro ‘relatedItems’ is deprecated https://dev.plone.org/ticket/9985
- hedge import case handling
- packaging problem with 1.1.3 [jensens]
- Added a zope3 vocabulary factory grabbing all reference types
- fix id cooker control panel string parsing issue.
- added way to let subscriber add at least minor info to the log and some code formatting [jensens]
- fix migration [kiorky]
- fix some broken asumption about month [kiorky]
- handle some utf-8 decode problems [kiorky]
- fix schema access in subclasses (fix conferences atleast) [kiorky]
- Allow PDF Files, in pdf folders [kiorky]
- throw an event for each imported entry. [jensens]
- fixed import report on write too. Same problem with fullname: it can be unicode.
- fixed import report: for some reason the new report might be uniocde, (maybe in Plone 4 username or email is unicode?) but merging it with the old report before storing it failed: old report is utf8 so convert unicode to utf8 if necessary. [jensens]
- removed strange (used undefined variables) and superfluos (unused) code. [jensens]
- added a formatter view for the single result-item. this can be overruled by a layer-bond view if one needs a different view on a result item. [jensens]
- moved bibliography_importForm from ControllerPageTemplate to view-class. [jensens]
- added self-contained buildout with test setup. [jensens]
- cleanup import code and other parts of content/folder.py to enable import into subclassed types. [jensens]
- compatiblity with Plone 4.0rc1
- final 1.1.0 release
- fixed handling of non-ascii characters in author names due to incompatible Plone API changes in normalizeString(). Now using the unicodedata.normalize() functionality which may result in a slightly different id generation.
- another Plone 3/4 fix incompatibility in transforms/*
- fixed another Plone 3/4 incompatibility in transforms/*
- fixed another Plone 3/4 incompatibility in transforms/*
- fixed Plone 3/4 incompatibility in transforms/*
- fixed import
- fixed missing import
- compatibility with Plone 3 + Plone 4
- fixed handling of the ‘note’ field on the export adapter level
- removed stupid filtering from bibliography_view making this view completely useless for anonymous visitors
- exposing installed Bibutils version within the Plone UI (import/export tab of the bibliography management configlet)
- checking minimum Bibutils version and logging it during the Zope startup phase
- removed stupid role check from bibliograph_search.pt which made the bibliographic search unusable for anonymous users
- final release
- fixed COINS data for article reference (jtitle -> title)
- release candidate
- suffix for generated Endnote exports must be ‘.enw’, not ‘.end’
- fix interface decl. for @@export
- #87 - PDF reference popup did not work
- re-hacked support for support the export of single bibliographic items
- fixed all unittests
- #81 - fixed strange filtering for anonymous in bibliography_view
- moved encoding checks directly into checkEncoding()
- handling UTF-8 BOM properly
- removed encoding guessing code - explicit is better than implicit
- minor but critical bugfix in input encoding checker
- re-added selection for input encoding on the import form
- added through-the-ZMI property portal_properties -> extensions_properties -> available_input_encodings
- added strong encoding check for uploaded data
- using UTF-8 output encoding for all renderers except BibTeX (ASCII/LaTeX notation)
- cleanup (internal/UI) of encoding related issues
- fixed installation/uninstallation issues in setuphandler.py and exportimport handler
- fixed issues related to the input encoding of RIS files
- added note on input encodings related to RIS files to the input form
- fixed API name clash for getProperty()
- removed “docs” tab from configuration panel (since it was empty)
- added portal_properties/cmfbibat_properties as replacement for persistent perferences for parsers/renderers (#82)
- added updateProperty(), getProperty(), isParserEnabled(), isRendererEnabled() methods to portal_bibliography
- fixed several forms dealing with the parser/renderer preferences
- 1.0.0 beta 1 release
- fix for error #36
- added support for using portal_factory
- fixed Amazon link for ISBN-13 numbers
- BibTeX export adapter did not provide ‘publication_month’
- fixed bug in PMI migration code
- increased the length of some string fields for better usability
- migration code for PMID
- relaxed some test due to test failures (XML BOM)
- added ‘pyisbn’ dependency
- added ISBN validation support to the ‘identifiers’ field
- made orginal ‘isbn’ field invisible
- added 0.9 -> 1.0 migration code for copying the ‘isbn’ field value into the ‘identifiers’ field
- the filename generated by the @@export view now ends with the proper suffix according to the selected export format
- the export adapter did work with keywords (using ‘subject’ instead of ‘keywords’)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.CMFBibliographyAT-1.2.1-py2-none-any.whl (409.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.CMFBibliographyAT-1.2.1.tar.gz (279.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.CMFBibliographyAT-1.2.1-py2-none-any.whl
Hashes for Products.CMFBibliographyAT-1.2.1.tar.gz