Default product for the Zope Content Management Framework
- Products.CMFDefault Changelog
- 2.2.4 (2014-02-19)
- 2.2.3 (2012-08-28)
- 2.2.2 (2010-10-31)
- 2.2.1 (2010-07-04)
- 2.2.0 (2010-01-04)
- 2.2.0-beta (2009-12-06)
- 2.2.0-alpha (2009-11-13)
- 2.1.2 (2008-09-13)
- 2.1.2-beta (2008-08-26)
- 2.1.1 (2008-01-06)
- 2.1.0 (2007-08-08)
- 2.1.0-beta2 (2007-07-12)
- 2.1.0-beta (2007-03-09)
- 2.1.0-alpha2 (2006-11-23)
- 2.1.0-alpha (2006-10-09)
- Earlier releases
This product declares basic content objects and provides default implementation of some of the framework services for the Zope Content Management Framework (CMF).
- Fixed AttributeError for allowDiscussion when importing a GenericSetup structure tarball. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/1042836/
- Fixed explicitly disabling discussion on a content item. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/1042836/
- Declared extra dependency on zope.app.locales.
- Added a ‘MANIFEST.in’ file.
- Made ‘Document’ tolerant of missing ‘rest-header-level’ in ‘zope.conf’.
- Fixed tests broken when PAS began returning the user from ‘_doAddUser’.
- Content-type setting was incorrectly transcribed from getMailGlobals which meant that content-type=’ ;charset-utf-8’ was set on browser views which is incorrect (backport from trunk).
- Utility class used for wrapping items for display (backport from trunk).
- Fixed Chameleon incompatibilities in some templates.
- Require at least Zope 2.12.3 and always use the five.formlib extension.
- Removed testing dependency on zope.app.testing.
- Deal with deprecation warnings for Zope 2.13.
- Use the standard libraries doctest module.
- upgrade: Added 2 more upgrade steps for upgrades from CMF 2.0. Upgrades from unmodified CMF 2.0 and CMF 2.1 sites are now fully covered, customized or older CMF sites might require additional manual upgrades.
- Use five.formlib in favor of Products.Five.formlib if it is available.
- skins: Fixed skin changing for logged in members.
- Upgrade steps: Merged faulty utility registration fixup script, tool utility registration and new-style actions upgrade from an older migration script in Products.CMFCore for pre-2.1.0 instances into GenericSetup upgrade steps
- WorkflowTool/DiscussionItem: Create a set of GenericSetup upgrade steps to instantiate the new single-state workflow for Discussion Items and associate it with the content type.
- MetadataTool: Replaced write-on-read upgrade for the Dublin Core metadata definitions with a set of GenericSetup upgrade steps.
- MetadataTool: Improved tool initialization. This prevents write-on-read behavior of newly created tool instances.
- views: Improved ContentAddFormBase. Permissions and container constraints are now checked by the ‘__call__’ method. There is no need to add security declarations for derived add forms.
- upgrade: Added more upgrade steps. There is now support for upgrading the step registrations in the setup tool, the columns in the catalog tool and the icons in the actions tool and in workflow definitions.
- upgrade: Improved upgrade step for type properties. Please re-run it if you already used an older version of this step.
- Skins and browser views: Replaced ‘getIcon’ by ‘getIconURL’ calls.
Got rid of redundant icon related type info properties. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/397795)
Folder views: Rebuilt the CMF folder views based on zope.formlib.
SkinnedFolder: Adjusted implementation to PortalFolder changes.
moved the Zope dependency to version 2.12.0b3dev
Add views: The standard INameChooser adapter from Products.Five fails with BTreeFolder-based portal folders, so we need our own. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/377562)
Actions: Utilize the new link_target attribute for the final rendered link tag’s “target” attribute (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/376951)
MembershipTool: Support members folder paths to folders deeper in the portal folder hierarchy by allowing to specify either a simple name (as before), or a relative path within the portal in the membership tool “Configuration” ZMI tab.
profiles: Explicitly initialize the workflow manager_bypass value which has been added to DCWorkflow. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/308947)
No longer rely on the PageTemplates.GlobalTranslationService but use zope.i18n.translate directly.
Cleaned up / normalized imports:
o Don’t import from Globals; instead, use real locations.
- o Make other imports use the actual source module, rather than an
intermediate (e.g., prefer importing ‘ClassSecurityInfo’ from ‘AccessControl.SecurityInfo’ rather than from ‘AccessControl’).
o Avoid relative imports, which will break in later versions of Python.
profiles: Added add view expressions to content type definitions.
skins/zpt_generic/permalink.py: fix typos, wrap object correctly. See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/299058 .
upgrade: Added basic upgrade steps. So far they just allow to upgrade the site object and types.
DiscussionTool: Make sure to only ask “real” content for their type information when checking whether discussions are allowed or not.
skins: Display add actions in the main_template. Using folder_factories is now deprecated.
views: Added FallbackAddView. This add form works with any portal type. It just asks for the ID.
formlib widgets: Added special input widget for object IDs.
main_template: Display action icons, thereby replacing the separate CMFActionIcons product.
Portal: Add a flag to toggle the display of action icons.
Workflow GenericSetup definition: Add icon URL expressions to the worklist and transition action definitions.
Content type and action GenericSetup profiles: Add an icon URL expression to the content type and actions definitions.
File and Image: Move the call to the underlying OFS rendering to the end of their own index_html methods to ensure the caching policy manager can set headers in all situations. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/161723)
Discussions: Replaced the old (and no longer working) way to force Discussion Items into published state by default with a real single-state workflow so they are put into published state correctly. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/161720)
ZMI: Prevent users from creating content through the ZMI by hiding the entry for “CMFDefault Content”.
SyndicationTool: Removed obsolete documentation link from the Overview ZMI tab. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/185090)
Document: Fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility. zope.structuredtext is now used instead of StructuredText.
Image, File: make ZMI “edit” view work.
views: Added ContentAddFormBase and several content add views. This shows how form-driven content creation works. The content is created without using the constructor methods provided by the types tool.
DublinCore: Modified the ‘addCreator’ implementation. It no longer depends on the membership tool.
DiscussionItem: Removed ‘addDiscussionItem’ function. This was dead code. ‘createReply’ is used for adding DiscussionItems.
content: Factories no longer sends add events.
profiles: Removed obsolete local import and export step registrations.
setup handler: Improved ‘various’ import step. Added flag file check and global registration.
Document and NewsItem: It is now possible to register a utility (ILinebreakNormalizer) that can normalize line breaks upon editing or rendering out to FTP. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/174)
Document and NewsItem: Added a format choice for ReStructuredText. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/485)
interfaces: Removed deprecated oldstyle interfaces.
- SyndicationTool: Removed obsolete documentation link from the Overview ZMI tab. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/185090)
- completed devolution from monolithic CMF package into its component products that are distributed as eggs from PyPI.
- File, Image: Make the ZMI edit tab work.
- DiscussionItem: Fixed indexing of ‘in_reply_to’.
- PropertiesTool: Fix a faulty manage_changeProperties invocation which broke the ‘Reconfigure Portal’ screen (https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/+bug/174246)
- Testing: Derive test layers from ZopeLite layer if available.
- CMFDefault profiles: Fixed some dependencies in import_steps.xml.
- utils: The email validation would reject addresses where the domain part started with a single letter element. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/495)
- skins: Prevented the getMainGlobals script to fail if not content-type header is set.
- Fixed all componentregistry.xml files to use plain object paths and strip and slashes. GenericSetup does only support registering objects which are in the site root.
- utils: Allow email addresses with all-numeric domain names. The RFCs do not support them but they do exist. (http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6773)
- moved the Zope dependency to version 2.10.4
- Remove antique usage of marker attributes in favor of interfaces, leaving BBB behind for places potentially affecting third-party code. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/440)
- Add POST-only protections to security critical methods. http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-0240)
- Use a utility, registered for ‘Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.IHTMLScrubber’, to perform scrubbing of HTML; fall back to the old, hard-wired behavior. (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/452)
- Favorite: Fixed UID handling broken in 2.1.0-beta.
- Removed CMFUid dependency inadvertently added in 2.1.0-beta.
- GS integration: Adjusted factory.py to new GenericSetup version.
- moved the Zope dependency to verson 2.10.2
- Tool lookup and registration is now done “the Zope 3 way” as utilities, see http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/2.1/docs/ToolsAreUtilities.stx?view=auto
- Document: Added two new methods for safety belt handling.
- MembershipTool: when using an object without a __nonzero__ but with a __len__ (ala CMFBTreeFolder) as a member folder, the createMemberArea method would believe there was no members folder if the folder was empty, and so would fail (change “not membersfolder” to “membersfolder is not None”) .
- File and Image: Restored ZMI Cache tab which was lost in CMF 1.6.
- moved the Zope dependency to version 2.10.1
- Fixed test breakage induced by use of Z3 pagetemplates in Zope 2.10+.
- browser views: Added some zope.formlib based forms.
- testing: Added test layers for setting up ZCML.
- Added zope.formlib support. This includes some CMF specific base classes and an ‘EmailLine’ field.
- utils: Added ‘checkEmailAddress’ function.
- Portal: Added ‘email_charset’ property.
- utils: Added ‘makeEmail’ function.
- Image and File: Overridden index_html methods add Cache Policy Manager-awareness and thus bring these implementations in line with CMFCore.FSFile and CMFCore.FSImage (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/454)
- RegistrationTool: Fixed too restrictive email checking. The new ‘checkEmailAddress’ function is now used.
- skins: Fixed encoding issues in welcome and reminder emails. ‘password_email’ and ‘registered_email’ now encode their return value correctly, using ‘email_charset’ and the new ‘makeEmail’ function.
- skins: Changed encoding of translated portal_status_messages. Now getBrowserCharset is used to play nice with Five forms. Customized setRedirect and getMainGlobals scripts have to be updated.
- Profiles: All profiles are now registered by ZCML.
- ZClasses: Removed unmaintained support for ZClasses. Marked the ‘initializeBases*’ methods as deprecated.
- Content: Added IFactory utilities for all content classes. They are now used by default instead of the old constructor methods.
- Content: All content classes are now registered by ZCML. ContentInit is still used to register oldstyle constructors.
- setup handlers: Removed support for CMF 1.5 CMFSetup profiles.
- utils: Added getBrowserCharset function. Returns the charset preferred by the browser. Strings encoded with this charset are decoded correctly by Five.browser.decode.processInputs.
- Favorite: Added ‘handleFavoriteAddedEvent’ subscriber. This replaces the ‘manage_afterAdd’ hook and some code in ‘addFavorite’.
For a complete list of changes before version 2.1.0-alpha, see the HISTORY.txt file on the CMF-2.1 branch: http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/2.1/HISTORY.txt?view=auto