CMFPublicator provides a METAL mechanism to publish contents in an arbitrary order, inside classic portlets or home boxes.
Table of Contents
This product was born at 2004/01/15 and provide a tool used to do static content publication in CMF and Plone sites. It broke with CMF’s idea of free showing published content according to pre-defined rules, giving to the reviewer power to choose just the objects he wants to show in the portlets.
To enable this product,on a buildout based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add Products.CMFPublicator to the list of eggs to install[buildout] ... eggs = Products.CMFPublicator
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:[instance] ... zcml = ... Products.CMFPublicator
If another package depends on the Products.CMFPublicator egg or includes its zcml directly you do not need to specify anything in the buildout configuration: buildout will detect this automatically.
After updating the configuration you need to run the ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in the Plone interface and click on the ‘Add/Remove Products’ link.
Choose the product (check its checkbox) and click the ‘Install’ button.
Uninstall – This can be done from the same management screen, but only if you installed it from the quick installer.
Note: You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
When you have followed the doc/INSTALL.txt file and installed CMFPublicator succesfully, you must setup which publication boxes the portal will have:
Go to ZMI of your portal root
Go to the ‘portal_publicator’ tool
There are a tab containing the settings for configuration:
The ‘Configuration’ tab contains the fields to insert new publication boxes.
Make one publication box to each portlet box that you want to have.
Each publication box created needs an integrated portlet_interface to interact with us. This interface can be customized in default portal_skins folder.
Follows the idea of this portlet to make and customize others, and have fun! ;-)
Having problems to setup CMFPublicator? You can ask questions at email@example.com
Having general Zope problems? Visit http://www.zope.org/Resources
- Jean Rodrigo Ferri (main developer)
- Gustavo Lepri
- Clayton Caetano de Sousa
- Davi Lima de Medeiros
- Luis Flavio Loreto da Rocha
- Paulo Henrique Balzi
- Paulo Henrique Vieira
- Rafahela Garcia Bazzanella
- Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra
- Wilton Souza Alencar
- Eggfication of the product [lepri,davilima6]
- Updated to run in Plone 4 [lepri]
- Plone 3.0 compatibility
- Implemented items update functionality individually by box
- Small changes in internally methods
- Automatically create one news publication box on installation, it’s useful to new user that don’t know CMFPublicator and would like to understand it
- Created doc directory and moved all docs to it
- Added news portlet to Plone 2.1 and news slot to Plone 1.0
- Added news portlet to Plone 2.0
- Added publicator_setup_all_form and publicator_edit_all_form to manage and edit all publication boxes and the old setup and edit templates now are handling individual boxes
- Templates speed up with the new API
- API refactory
- Tool base class UniqueObject now the default inheritation is ImmutableId
- New method edit in PublicationBoxInformation class providing the ability to change any property of the boxes
- Added publicator_select_form template to manipulate individually the edit and setup of boxes
- Improved overview page
- Improved Stored Items presentation with tables
- Added items attribute on addPublicationBox method to provide the ability to add a PublicationBox with items by line of code
- Corrected wrong return in the getImagesSearched method
- Killed a bug in PMI when visible was unchecked
- New setup template to manage publication boxes at PMI
- Improved i18n support
- Revision of documentation
- Moved the directory skins-publicator-examples to skins-publicator-publicator_examples to clean the namespace
- Now all portlet links and images use relative-to-content URL
- Example portlets cleanup
- API cleanup
- General cleanup
- Added RelationalContentURL info to the PublicationBox information
- New portal_publicator icon
- Reviewed the documentation
- Added ‘Help’ documentation
- Added example portlets
- Added ‘Stored items’ tab to separate configuration and content
- General revision to first public release
- The first public release
(Stable but not published)
- Item images are now showed in a dropdown box
- Item fields modified from list to dictionary
- Added fields - n_searched_items, search_states, image_folder, box_width, box_height, visible.
- Adaptation to the DublinCore.py item fields
(Stable but not published)
- Portlet code revision to best performance
- Insert the ‘Reset items’ buttom
- Fixed bug to initial cleaned items
- The first test release of the product
- Some codes and ideas are Actions Tool CMF Product based