Creation, submission and grading of online assignments (exercises, homework).
ECAssignmentBox is a Plone product which allows the creation, submission and grading of online assignments (exercises, homework), both for traditional on-site courses and for e-learning.
To use ECAssignmentBox you need a current Plone installation, specifically Plone 4.x. Check plone.org for Plone’s prerequisites.
See the Installing an Add-on Product tutorial for more detailed product installation instructions.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing ECAssignmentBox is very simple. You can install it by adding it to the eggs line for your instance:
[instance] eggs = ... Products.ECAssignmentBox
After updating the configuration you need to run bin/buildout, which will take care of updating your system.
Then restart your zope instance and use the Add/Remove products page in Site Setup to install ECAssignmentBox.
Installing without buildout
Move (or symlink) the ECAssignmentBox folder of this project (Products.ECAssignmentBox/Products/ECAssignmentBox) into the Products directory of the Zope instance it has to be installed for, and restart the server. Use the Add/Remove products page in Site Setup to install ECAssignmentBox.
For questions and discussions about ECAssignmentBox, please join the eduComponents mailing list.
Additional programming by Marcel Abou Khalil and Sascha Peilicke.
ECAssignmentBox was inspired by LTAssignmentBox. The products don’t share any code, though.
# Changes in release 1.5.1 (2011-10-07)
- Assignment Box Settings are back at Plone’s control panel.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
# Changes in release 1.5 (2011-07-25)
- Added compatibility for Plone 4. Plone 3.x support has been dropped. Plone 3 users should use ECAssignmentBox 1.4.x.
# Changes in release 1.4.3 (2011-04-29)
- Minor improvements.
# Changes in release 1.4.2 (2009-09-30)
- ECAssignmentBox is now eggified and uploaded to PyPI. An old-style tarball distribution is still available at plone.org.
- It’s now possible to modify the submission period and other settings for more than one assignment box at a time by using the set assignment box options action on ECFolder’s content tab.
- Fixed issue: Assignments in state superseded can not be accessed by the owner.
- Fixed issue: ECAssignmentBox int argument error. After a students submission is graded and state changed to Graded an TypeError: int argument required appears on the statistics tab.
# Changes in release 1.4 (2009-02-04)
- ECAssignmentBox was completly re-implemented with support for Plone 3.x.
# Changes in release 1.3 (2007-06-27)
- ECFolders and assignment boxes now have an analysis tab which provides more information about contained assignments, e.g., number of attempts users needed for an assignment or number of submissions per day.
- The assignments (full) view (shows the full text of all assignments on one page) is now integrated in the assignments tab.
- New content type ECAssignmentTask, which can be used to build a repository of assignments; ECAssignmentTask objects can be referenced from ECAssignmentBoxes.
- If an assignment box is located inside an ECLecture object which requires registration, submissions are only allowed for users enrolled in the course.
# Changes in release 1.2 (2007-02-28)
- Added field Maximum number of attempts to ECAssignmentBox to restrict the number of resubmissions.
- Implemented issue #118: For box owners and managers it is now possible make submissions even if the assignment box is in state public draft or private, and to make any number of resubmissions.
- In the assignments view:
- If there is more than one assignment box inside an ECFolder one will see a table for each box. Clicking the check box in one of the tables’ header will check or uncheck all entries inside this table only and not all entries in all tables.
- Now it is possible to toggle the view of superseded assignments.
- Added clickable workflow states (assignments can now be filtered by workflow state).
- Added delete button and polished the change state controls.
- As addition to the assignments view, owners and managers can use the assignments (full) tab to see the full text of all assignments on one page.
- If the parent of an assignment box is an ECFolder and this ECFolder contains directions, the directions will be shown inside a collapsible box on top of the assignment box.
- Fixed issue #119: Uploads can now be any size.
- Fixed issue #120: Students do not see shared assignments of other users in the statistics view.
- Performance improvements: We are now using portal_catalog where possible.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.ECAssignmentBox-1.5.1.tar.gz (154.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.ECAssignmentBox-1.5.1.tar.gz