LDAP-backed plugins for the Zope2 PluggableAuthService
The LDAPMultiPlugins provides PluggableAuthService plugins that use LDAP as the backend for the services they provide. The PluggableAuthService is a Zope user folder product that can be extended in modular fashion using various plugins.
Please post questions, bug reports or feature requests to the bug tracker at https://bugs.launchpad.net/products.ldapmultiplugins
You can retrieve the latest code from Subversion using setuptools or zc.buildout via this URL:
Properties of the ADMultiPlugin instance:
- groupid_attr - the LDAP attribute used for group ids.
- grouptitle_attr - the LDAP attribute used to compose group titles.
- group_class - the LDAP class of group objects.
- group_recurse - boolean indicating whether to determine group memberships of a user by unrolling nested group relationships (expensive). This feature is not guaranteed to work at this moment.
In order for groups support to work correctly, you may have to set the following properties. Every situation is different, but this has helped some people succeed:
- On the “Properties” tab for the ActiveDirectoryMultiPlugin, set the groupid_attr property to “name”.
- On the contained LDAPUserFolder’s “Configure” tab, choose a property other than “objectGUID”, e.g. “sAMAccountName” for the User ID property. To get to the LDAPUserFolder, click on the ActiveDirectoryMultiPlugin “Content” tab.
Please see README.ActiveDirectory from the LDAPUserFolder package for additional information.
To see earlier changes please see HISTORY.txt.
- Bug: When a user could not be authenticated, the plugins would incorrectly return a tuple (None, None) instead of just None as specified in the PAS IAuthenticationPlugin interface. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/751247)
- Bug: When searching for roles, make sure to consider all search terms. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/656011)
- Bug: Demangling user prefix could not deal with non-string user ids, which may appear in certain cases. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/586931)
- Feature: Added some Sphinx documentation (backport from trunk)
- Reorganisation: Move documentation text files around to conform to the zope.org repository policy on package layout.
- Bug: Added GenericSetup magic to fully provide the INode interface for the exporter and importer classes, making it easier to nest within other importers. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/586500)