The Ingeniweb team proudly presents the fourth generation of their star product.
PloneArticle comes with a configuration panel to tweak most harmless features
(available models, file/image/link types). You can limit the size (in bytes) for
uploaded images and files.
Open as site Manager http://_your_site_/versioning_config_form in your browser
(yes, there’s no link from control panel portet in Plone 3.0.3!), and activate
versioning for PloneArticle. Optionally select desired policies.
Be aware that versioning is open to bloat your ZODB as long as CMFEditons uses
it as repository back-end.
PloneArticle is by default wicked aware. As usual, you just need to type
word)) to have it behave like a wiki word. If you don’t want this behaviour,
you just need to edit
implements.zcml and remove or comment the XML elements
Sorry for this complex stuff but there’s no easy way to do this TTW or through a
Copyright (c) 2007 Ingeniweb SAS
This software is subject to the provisions of the GNU General Public License,
Version 2.0 (GPL). A copy of the GPL should accompany this distribution. THIS
SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE
DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE,
MERCHANTABILITY, AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
More details in the LICENSE file included in this package.
- Fixed plonearticle_tool pickling error when installing in a fresh
plone 3.3.6 the first time.
- Smart field allowed criteria changed since Plone 4.0, due to catalog changes [glenfant]
- The “Large Plone Folder” is gone in Plone 4 so it can’t be a target of a
- Fixed the test request such it acts (partially) like a mapping [glenfant]
- Replaced deprecated “isImplementedBy” with “providedBy” everywhere [glenfant]
- Archetypes tool stopped providing getObject(uuid) method, using reference_catalog
- Resync plone4 branch with trunk [kiorky]
- Fix setupKupu if resources are not there, just warn [kiorky]
- Fixed widget templates for Plone 4 [tdesvenain]
- Added upgrade script 4.1.9 -> 4.1.10
- Make fake DC “Subject” methods to inner types such they don’t get this
- Commented out isinstance checks in fileinnercontentproxy and
imageinnercontentproxy. they break functionality when plone.app.blob is used.
- Updated registerType calls for Plone 4 support [vangheem]
- Updated page templates for Plone 4 support [vangheem] [tdesvenain]
- Remove duplicate attributes in pa_model_macros.pt: chameleon don’t like that.
- Set “content-disposition” header for files as in ATFile
- Fixed too restrictive security issue : anonymous users couldn’t see embedded
images/files. See issue #35
- Fixed packaging error (only .py files in the egg)
- Added mising (empty) migration paths.
- Doc errors found and fixed.
- Fix pa_browser url : url is no more depending on base href
- Fix ajax images player launched to soon sometimes
$document.ready replaced by $window.load
- Fix jQuery syntax (tag[@attribute=value] replaced by tag[attribute=value])
(perhaps a new version of jquery.js used in Plone 3.3 ?)
- Identical release (egg generation failed)
- Fix migration path for all 4.1 releases
- Added russian translation, thanks to Roman Susi.
- Activate collapsible sections after reloading model view in ajax
Take care : 4.1.1 egg was containing an old file : kssregistry.xml
A bug with collective.releaser ?
- Kss inline edit for proxies (images, files, links)
replaced by jQuery methods
This resolve getSiteManager error with iw.fss in kss server views (strange bug)
- When editing proxies fields and closing ajax window very fast, the page was
not fresh because processForm was not finished.
To close edit window just call Proxy.SaveForm(closEditWindow=true)
- css corrections and improvements for models
- css improvements + small jq effects on light boxes added
- relaunch Lightboxes after ajax replace Model View (small bug fix)
- some css IE fixes :
kss-spinner is invisible under IE6
some minor MSIE layout bugfixes (browser, kss-menu hover, proxies edit layout …)
- fix bug in browser with meta_type and Folder
in Plone3.1 folder.portal_type != folder.meta_type
- Added getLinkIcon method in links proxies
used in models macros et editwidget macros
Bad tag insertion (the title was not hidden when clicking on toggleFullDisplay)
- css class “image” was used in two css
some styles were transformed
class “image” replaced by “proxy_image” in proxies edit widgets
- many css bugfixes in edit proxies widget
hmm … these terrible templates and css must be entirely refactored
- pa_player buf fix :
when clicking on a image_thumb buttons were not refreshed
- Kss menus are always shown under Plone3.0
(when iline_edit_enable property is not available in site_propertis)
- Added migration upgradePath for RC2
- Fix error in setuphandlers.py (setupKupu) and Extensions/Install.py (uninstall method) :
Sometimes inexistant portal_types are stored as resources in kuputool
- Change kss inline edit behavior for images/links/files :
Kss menus are no more contextual, and always displayed at article’s top
- Kss menus are not shown when inline_editing is disabled
- Make tests running without errors also under MSWindows.
Text from Attached files seems to be indexed in lowercase under Windows, so we test only indexation in lowercase.
- Fixed not closed tag bug on models which would avoid displaying attachements, links and footer
[el_gringo] 2008-08-21, [macadames] 2008-09-05
- Improve browser’s css to make folder selection possible for links when using standard view mode (list view).
- removed PloneArticle and InnerContentContainer from site_properties for
- Fix a float bug for IE6/IE7 in edit widgets
- Create a case where the attachment id is the same that the object id.
- Fix aquisition bug if an attachment have the same id that your attachment id.
In general case the usage of hasattr is prohibited for local lookup. Use shasattr instead.
- try to fix migration path
4.1.0 beta 3
- Added specific add permission for multi-page content type
- PloneArticle is now packaged as a python egg
(just changed the test on typeof “$” by typeof “jq” to know
jq somewhere in a plone < 3.1 … it will be broken)
- Decorator that prevents running setuphandlers functions on other
- Avoid an Runtime Error when there is circular reference between
article. (see tests.test_innercontentproxy.test_searcheableText)
4.1.0 beta 2
Copying/pasting an article preserves referenced files/images/links,
using the new ‘keepReferencesOnCopy’ kw arg on ReferenceFields. Note
this requires AT 1.5.9 +. This has no effect in older AT versions
(read Plone 3.0.6 and older)
pa_model_macros.pt defined “file proxy/getFile | nothing” but didnt checked
file for None later on in every case. Fixed that using a condition for the
[yenzenz] Jens Klein 2008-03-18
pa_browser.js fixed Browser.window call in Browser.size() caused by some
more API incompatibilities.
Version back to ‘4.1.0-beta1 CVS/SVN (UNRELEASED)’ (our versioning
Fixed model 1 view uglyness: Images background displayed to
anonymous (or user who can’t change the article) even if there’s no
increased version number to ‘4.1.0-beta2 CVS/SVN (UNRELEASED)’ to avoid
altered jquery with newer version 1.2.2 and first bugfixes in the pa_*.js
files fitting new jquery API. disabled the pa_jquery.js in
profiles/default/jsregistry.xml by default, since jquery gets de-facto
standard in future, no need to load the own version any longer. this is why
an uncompressen version is copied in there. also done documentation for this
changed test_getIndexableValue in test_innercontentfield.py, line 451,
expected_value did not fit file_values, assertEquals failed.
Test ran on ubuntu, python2.4, there might be platform dependent
implementations of the .split() function, maybe think about a more robust
test implementation here. same in test_article.py, test_SearchableText,
We show the size of the referenced files too. Note: the
pa_models_macros is really ugly and unefficient and should be
rewritten using a view.
Initial max file and image sizes are taken from ATCT config if
set. But these sizes may be tweaked independantly afterwards as
Fixed an infinite redirection when viewing a multipage PA with no
TOC on default page and Plone navigation menu showig only the
current level. Play the “Types tool” step of PloneArticle profile in
the GenericSetup tool to install the fix.
Close the ticket : http://plone.org/products/plonearticle/issues/9
(displayed only if plone version < 3.1)
- Fixed errors with plone3.1 jquery (use jQuery var in place of $)
(2 differents patches for plone3.0.x or for plone3.1.x)
The default model display a more discreet ajax viewer by default
(smaller + bg & border colors changed)
You can always change the css values through browser/modelconfig.py
4.1.0 beta 1
- Modified the image browser to display the arrows only when there is a
previous/next image to display
- Propertiestool.xml changed such that we add values in properties
rather than replacing existing ones (e.g. removing standard “types
- Use plone.i18n url normalize to rename content from filenames. (see
- For a very weird reaseon, the tool couldn’t acquire the REQUEST when
an image thumbnail is published. We must provide it explicitely from
the “pa_thumb” traversal.
- Fix renameFromFileName bug when file name contains space (setId
method) and when file name contains non ascii character
- Made view templates compliant with CMFEditions preview and
- Install CMFEditions modifier in setup handler.
- New model used by default : Images viewer [macadames]
- Added migration steps to V5
- More fixes to unit tests
- Edit Files/ Images / Links widget fixed (loaded through kss plugin)
- Hack formTabs threshold to avoid uggly fieldset choice in select list
- Fixed permissions problems with multiarticles in private state.
Reverted to the old (and dirty) redirection method from PloneArticle 3 because dynamicViews from CMFCore
are always run via the __before_publishing_traverse__ hook and so under the ‘Anonymous User’. (zegor)
- Compatibility with GenericSetup content Import/Export (zegor)
- Wicked compatibility
- Reordered the schematas into something more rational (glenfant)
- Changed configlet templates into something more rational/compact
- Adaptated the config panel (glenfant)
- batch in plonearticle explorer
- Adapted view templates to use KSS and plone 3 rules (zegor)
- Removed local_roles action (global in Plone 3.0) (zegor)
- Removed metadata action (by default in Plone 3.0) (zegor)
- Install via GenericSetup (zegor)
- Fixed download of images and files (zegor)
- Fixed MultiPageDefaultPage view (do not use plone_utils tool to get context) (zegor)
- Fixed model templates (added nocall in condition to prevent images rendering in models 6 7 8 and 10) (zegor)
- Removed Plone 2.1 compatibility (zegor)
- Removed multiarticle pager. Uses now standard previous-next plone 3 navigation (zegor)
- Works with ARFilePreview
- Added a new preview icon
- Hide “Templates” tab on new (temporary) objects (glenfant).
- fix acquisition & import bugs
- field baseinnercontent : fix in BaseInnerContentField.set that corrects a
bug produced by an unwanted acquisition
- Import LinguaPlone in article mixin to make sure PloneArticle is fully
compliant with LinguaPlone
- fix templates bugs when referenced files are deleted
- model macro template uses Description for files & links
- fix in model macro : file size was wrong when proxy was using a referenceField
(temporary the file size is not shown in that case)
- IE7 adjustements
- pa_browser css fix for ie7 compliance
- pa_browser css : small improvements (loading icon, correction on select box)
- Some AttachemntFields modifications
- attachmentField download url is generated in model macro for attached Files
when attachmentField is used by proxy
- Add tutorial / examples
- Added examples/mypamodel : a tutorial Products for custom PloneArticle models.
- Fix a content type linked bug
- Fix reindexation bug after migration from Plone 2.0.5 and Zope 2.7
- Add brazilian and slovenian translation
- Fix some docs
- Save all changes in plonearticle while manipulating files, images and links.
Save button of edit form is only used to save modifications of title or
- When updating value of inner content field don’t reorder content. All new
values will be append to existing ones
- Migrate old plonearticle models
- All css and js helpers added in widget
- plonearticle_edit.pt removed
- “Error: Image dimensions unknown” when uploading an image whose dimensions
can’t be decided.
- getImageDimensions now guarantees to return integer values for width and height
- Added a status bar in the browser to display content loading status
- Folders in the browser are now addable if they are referencable
- Search on browser stay on the same folder if no results found
- Improved skin on browser and innerContentWidget
- Content proxies renamed after creation. File and images are renamed
according to attached file name
- Articles now have an internal revision number, helpful for further migrations
- Added ‘migration’ tab in ZMI to plonearticle_tool
- Fixed referenceable links
- Updated jquery to 1.0.2
- Fixed referenceable links
- InnerContentField are indexable (searchable=True)
- Full refactoring. Everything Archetypes.