Various Plone hotfixes, 2015-09-10
Plone hotfix, 2015-09-10
This hotfix fixes multiple vulnerabilities in Plone.
This hotfix should be applied to the following versions of Plone:
# Plone 5.0rc1 and any version prior * Plone 4.3.6 and any version prior * Any older version of Plone including 2.1, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2
The hotfix is officially supported by the Plone security team on the following versions of Plone in accordance with the Plone version support policy: 3.3.6, 4.1.6, 4.2.7, 4.3.6 and 5.0rc1. However it has also received some testing on older versions of Plone. The fixes included here will be incorporated into subsequent releases of Plone, so Plone 4.3.7, 5.0rc2 and greater should not require this hotfix.
Installation instructions can be found at https://plone.org/products/plone-hotfix/releases/20150910
- Q: How can I confirm that the hotfix is installed correctly and my site is protected?
A: On startup, the hotfix will log a number of messages to the Zope event log that look like this:
2015-09-10 03:20:08 INFO Products.PloneHotfix20150910 Applied addMember patch
The exact list of patches attempted depends on the version of Plone. If a patch is attempted but fails, it will be logged as a warning that says “Could not apply”. This may indicate that you have a non-standard Plone installation.
- Q: How can I report problems installing the patch?
- A: Contact the Plone security team at email@example.com, or visit the #plone channel on freenode IRC.
- Q: How can I report other potential security vulnerabilities?
- A: Please email the security team at firstname.lastname@example.org rather than discussing potential security issues publicly.
Update release information to not include “arbitrary code execution and privilege escalation” wording as there are no patches related to that here. Bad copy, paste from last patch.
If you have version 1.0, there is no reason to upgrade to 1.1. This release is just to update the readme shipped with the hotfix. [vangheem]
- Initial release