Various Plone hotfixes, 2015-12-08
Plone hotfix, 2015-12-08
This hotfix fixes an unauthorized disclosure of registered user information in Plone.
This hotfix should be applied to the following versions of Plone:
- Plone 5.0 and any version prior
- Plone 4.3.7 and any version prior
- Any older version of Plone starting from 2.1, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2
The hotfix is officially supported by the Plone security team on the following versions of Plone in accordance with the Plone version support policy: 4.0.10, 4.1.6, 4.2.7, 4.3.7 and 5.0. However it has also received some testing on older versions of Plone. The fixes included here will be incorporated into subsequent releases of Plone, so Plone 4.3.8, 5.0.1 and greater should not require this hotfix.
Installation instructions can be found at https://plone.org/products/plone-hotfix/releases/20151208
- Q: How can I confirm that the hotfix is installed correctly and my site is protected?
A: On startup, the hotfix will log a number of messages to the Zope event log that look like this:
2015-12-08 03:20:08 INFO Products.PloneHotfix20151208 Applied searchFulltextForMembers patch
If a patch is attempted but fails, it will be logged as a warning that says “Could not apply”. This may indicate that you have a non-standard Plone installation.
- Q: How can I report problems installing the patch?
- A: Contact the Plone security team at email@example.com, or visit the #plone channel on freenode IRC.
- Q: How can I report other potential security vulnerabilities?
- A: Please email the security team at firstname.lastname@example.org rather than discussing potential security issues publicly.
- Initial release