A Plone utility that let non-Manager users able to manage some (specific) groups
Have you ever feel the need to give to normal (AKA: not Manager/Site Administrator) Plone member the power to manage a group?
Right now in Plone you can make this playing with the (Plone Site Setup: Users and Groups). Even playing with this permission is impossible to limit the group on which a member (or group) can manage.
This product adds a minimal configuration, a member of the site (or all members in a group) will be able to manage which users are part of a group.
You only need to go to the “Groups management proxy settings” settings panel. You need to insert a set of strings like…
id1|group_id1 id2|group_id2 ...
…where id1, id2 can be user or group ids. This mean that those subjects will be able to act on groups.
Members able to manage groups can also perform bulk upload of members by loading a simple text file.
The utility also react to the Add portal members permission. If the current user has this permission you will be able to add new portal members (so no security break for this).
When an user is added or removed, an event is notified.
Tested with Plone 4.3 and Plone 5. Look for older releases if you need Plone 3 compatibility.
Right now we have no migration from old ( < 0.5) versions to version 0.5. You must manually copy/paste configuration from old portal_properties tool the new registry settings.
If you want to provide ones: you are welcome!
The control panel integration user experience is a copy/paste from old ZMI portal_properties tool. I need a hero who can find time to fix it.
This products override all normal Plone permissions noted above! This can create security black-holes in your portal!
The access to the new user/group management form is still protected by the Use Simple Groups Management permission (commonly given to all site Members).
Special thanks to Albert Pallas for being the locales-man.
- New feature: mass add members providing a file [keul]
Plone 5 compatibility
- Moved i18n to locales (some translation has been lost due to strange encoding issues) [keul]
- Added a configuration registry panel and moved to plone.app.registry [keul]
- Fixed form GET to POST [keul]
- Fixed an issue that allow user management for groups with similar names [keul]
- Update load user code as Plone controlpanel do; this fix LDAP integration issue [keul]
- Fix accents in spanish translations. [cekk]
- Standardise markup as per https://dev.plone.org/ticket/10231 [davismr]
- Fixed permission problem when user has empty list of groups [davismr]
- Fixed group management form format and labels [keul]
- Show usernames [keul]
- Added support for the Site Administrator role [keul]
- Moved action link to manage groups from portal_action to user section (in the proper Plone 4 style way) [keul]
- Added a proper uninstall procedure [keul]
- Updated templates to Plone 4 [keul]
- Added a project browserlayer [keul]
- Added missing translation strings [keul]
- HTML 5 fixes [keul]
- Search also by userid [keul]
- Fixed portal message problem [keul]
- Added title of the group in groups listing [micecchi]
- fixed bug in group listing [micecchi]
- No more Plone 2.5 support
- Plone UI updated to Plone 3 world [micecchi]
- Moved tool-link from users preferences to plone_control_panel [micecchi]
- Created a link in site_actions to access the management view [micecchi]
- Created a custom event raised when an user is assigned/deleted to a group when using this product [micecchi]
- Changed the way of listing users, to support ldap and many users [micecchi]
- Improved Plone 4 compatibility [micecchi]
- Albert Pallas provided internationalization support
- Again Albert added catalan, spanish and french translations
- Added italian translation
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Products.SimpleGroupsManagement-0.6.0.tar.gz (62.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 3, 2017|