Zope temporary folder support.
Zope temporary storage / folder support.
Before release 5.2 of the tempstorage package sessioning configurations using this temporary folder implementation were discouraged because the temporary storage backend could lose data. This is no longer the case.
Don’t forget to add or uncomment the temporary storage database definition as shown below in your Zope configuration if you want to instantiate a temporary folder. After a Zope restart, visit the Zope Management Interface and select ZODB Mount Point from the list of addable items to activate the temporary folder mount point:
<zodb_db temporary> <temporarystorage> name Temporary database (for sessions) </temporarystorage> mount-point /temp_folder container-class Products.TemporaryFolder.TemporaryContainer </zodb_db>
When upgrading from version 5.3 to 6.0 and removing the ZODB Mount Point configuration shown above from your Zope configuration you need to manually delete the /temp_folder object in the ZMI before restarting your Zope instance with version 6.0. If you see tracebacks ZConfig.ConfigurationError: No database configured for mount point at /temp_folder after the upgrade, please reinstate the zodb_db temporary Zope configuration as shown above, restart Zope and manually delete /temp_folder. Then remove the zodb_db temporary configuration and restart Zope.
- “Undeprecate” sessioning configurations using this package because tempstorage version 5.2 fixed the data loss issue. (#16)
- update package configuration
- add support for Python 3.9
- split Products.ZODBMountPoint into separate package and removed all code that automatically instatiates a temporary folder and sessioning artifacts on Zope startup. (#12)
- improve the README
- Specify supported Python versions using python_requires in setup.py (Zope#481)
- Added support for Python 3.8
- Bring back Application initialization (creation of BrowserIdManager and SessionDataManager in the ZODB on first startup). This release requires Zope >= 4.0b5.
- Drop support for Python 3.4.
- Remove dysfunctional LowConflictConnection.
- Add support for Python 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6.
- Add in code of Products.TemporaryFolder and Products.ZODBMountPoint.
- Require Zope >= 4.
- Create a separate distribution called Products.TemporaryFolder without any code inside it. This allows projects to depend on this project inside the Zope 2.13 release line.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.TemporaryFolder-6.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (14.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size Products.TemporaryFolder-6.2.tar.gz (13.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.TemporaryFolder-6.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for Products.TemporaryFolder-6.2.tar.gz