A generic content migration framework for Plone.
Content migration utilities
by Martin Aspeli <email@example.com> and others
Released under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 2.0
This is a generic content migration framework, which should help you write your own content migrations. It has no UI and no value on its own, but makes it easy to write certain type of content migrations.
This replaces the ATContentTypes migration framework, and provide three useful extensions:
A CustomQueryWalker can be used to specify a more specific catalog query for a walker to use (e.g. which content to actually migrate). This can be used with any migrator.
A BaseInlineMigrator is similar to BaseMigrator, but does not migrate by copying the old object to a temporary location, creating a new object and applying migration methods. Instead, migration methods are applied in-place. This simplifies the code significantly, because attributes, local roles etc. does not need to be copied over.
Note that whereas BaseMigrator works in terms of self.old and self.new as the objects being migrated, BaseInlineMigrator only has a single object, stored in self.obj. This can be used with any walker.
An extension of this class called FieldActionMigrator uses the action-based migration framework for Archetypes fields, found in field.py. Please refer to that file for full details, but briefly, you specify a list of attributes to migrate at the storage level, instructing the migrator whether to rename, transform, unset or change the storage for an attribute.
Please see the docstrings in walker.py, migrator.py and field.py for full details. For examples, see tests/cmtc.py and tests/testATFieldMigration.py.
- More Python 2 / 3 compatibility adjustments [davilima6]
- Prepare for Python 2 / 3 compatibility [davilima6]
- Unpack brains to be able to log broken catalog-records during migration. [pbauer]
- Fix import location for Products.ATContentTypes.interfaces. [thet]
- Errors has been dropped/deprecated errors from OFS.CopySupport. [tschorr]
- Remove unused import of Archetypes. [davisagli]
- Use zope.interface decorator. [gforcada]
- HAS_LINGUA_PLONE now checks only if LinguaPlone is installed. No more if LinguaPlone or plone.app.multilingual is installed. [bsuttor]
- Remove implicit dependency on CMFDefault by moving testcontent to product. [tomgross]
- Ported to plone.app.testing [acattla, tomgross]
- Migrate translated items when plone.app.multilingual or LinguaPlone present. [pbauer]
- Changed all old-style to new-style classes for easier method overloading from derived classes. [thet]
- Nothing changed yet.
- Unlock items with webdav. [maurits]
- Keep redirections from plone.app.redirect when migrating. [maurits]
- Default to position 0 if folder position is not assigned. [kroman0, pbauer]
- Modify UIDMigrator so that it also works for items which provides IMutableUUID. [pabo]
- When Joe is the Creator of an object and Jane is the Owner, make sure Joe stays the Creator after migrating. [maurits]
- Migrate marker interfaces. Fixes http://dev.plone.org/ticket/11424 [maurits]
- Migrate extension fields too (archetypes.schemaextender). [maurits]
- Use obj.__parent__ instead of obj getParentNode() for Zope trunk compatibility. [elro]
- Add support for a limit option for the catalog based walkers, so it only tries to load up to limit items at a time, defaulting to no limit. [hannosch]
- Catch attribute errors during brain.getObject and log them instead of breaking the upgrade. [hannosch]
- Undo patch correctly [jfroche]
- Fix migration for folder containing an object (which is often the case) by patching the ‘notifyWorkflowCreated’ method on WorkflowAware class [jfroche]
- Fix for folderish items, also use ATItemMigratorMixin [jfroche]
- Add local buildout config [jfroche]
- Use module name, not the full file path, to register with the logging module. [mj]
2.0.1 - 2010-12-08
- Unlock locked objects prior to migrating them. [ggozad]
2.0 - 2010-07-18
- No changes.
2.0b1 - 2010-06-13
- Avoid deprecation warnings under Zope 2.13. [hannosch]
- Added support for archetypes.schemaextender >= 2.0 and disable the schema cache during migrations. [hannosch]
2.0a3 - 2009-11-15
- Fix issue with my adjustment to the _createObjectByType function where the portal_type wasn’t getting set properly in Plone 3. [davisagli]
2.0a2 - 2009-11-15
- Make the _createObjectByType function call the _constructInstance method of the FTI, rather than trying to duplicate its logic. This adds compatibility with CMF 2.2. [davisagli]
2.0a1 - 2009-11-14
- Avoid zope.app dependencies. [hannosch]
- Use Zope interfaces from OFS and Archetypes. [witsch]
1.2 - 2009-08-09
- Fix tests to run on Plone 3.3. [witsch]
- Fix issue with leftover local role assignments for deleted users. [pbugni, rossp]
1.1 - 2009-03-05
- Add missing imports in various places. [wichert]
- Fix a bug in the permission migration logic, which caused the Manager role to gain all permissions. [ivo, wichert]
1.0 - 2008-09-17
- Update documentation to fit the code. [pbugni]
- Modify CatalogWalker to root the search at the portal passed in. This makes it possible to only migrate in parts of a site. [wichert]
- Correct path handling, cleanup classifiers, make short description short. [wichert]
- Use standard naming convention for the contentmigration package. [wichert]
- Be more graceful with schema mismatches. [wichert]
- Replaced deprecated transaction.commit(1) with transaction.savepoint(optimistic=True). [stonor]
1.0b4 - 2007-06-11
- Add import for os so egg can be built. [derek_richardson]
- Added missing configure.zcml. [witsch]
- Reorganize contentmigration trunk for eggification. If you are using the trunk as a product, pin to the previous revision or change your external to use src/Products/contentmigration. [derek_richardson]
- First eggified release.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Products.contentmigration-2.2.0-py2-none-any.whl (51.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2|
|Products.contentmigration-2.2.0.tar.gz (38.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|