PyFGCZ contains BioBeamer and FCC python code.
BioBeamer helps to collect huge amounts of instrument data (M|G|TBytes). An example configuration collecting mass spectrometric measurement of more than a dozen devices can be seen through http://fgcz-data.uzh.ch/config/BioBeamer.xml.
FCC is a minimalistic workflow engine. The specification/properties of the program are as follow:
- converting instrument files, e.g., RAW-files to all kinds of formats
- being generic
- follows FGCZ hierarch storage granularity: project, user, instrument, time range
- multi- platform, host, task
- configurable through xml file which means new converter by new tag in xml file NO CODE CHANGE!
- stdout and errout through syslog
A current configugration can be found through http://fgcz-data.uzh.ch/config/fcc_config.xml.
FCC - An automated rule-based processing tool for life science data, Simon Barkow-Oesterreicher, Can Türker and Christian Panse, Source Code for Biology and Medicine20138:3 DOI: 10.1186/1751-0473-8-3.