Watch a demo, be sure to enable HD, on Vimeo
Requirements & Mandatory Dependencies
Just remove any reference to dataframes, if you don’t have pandas.
- pandas - http://pandas.pydata.org
Installation & Use
- download & extract or clone or pip install pyster
- python engine.py
- Type “>>>”, some python, then press the right arrow key to “execute”.
- Optionally, edit pyster/pyster_extensions/functionality.py to suite, then re-run.
This software should only be sourced from places/formats which allow you to review the code. It’s recommended to only use this software on closed or low-priority systems. PySter is basically a keylogger (without the logging/saving) combined with all of the risks exposed by exec() and/or compile().
Known Issues & Bugs
This software is barely beta level quality. There are a variety of problems that need to be fixed, prior to an initial release of PySter.
These are the known ones:
- Certain rare exceptions thrown from exec(), and compile(), mainly of the TypeError variety, can cause PySter to enter an unhandled/unrecoverable/unresponsive state.
- An issue associated with with memory usage, timing, or a bug in PyWin32, cause strange integer type errors at strange times.
- The string representation of many objects often need PySter wrappers to display properly. Eg. p2e().
- Many forms of software mutilate the keyboard input; these programs often won’t work as expected with PySter. Eg. Spyder, for things like line breaks.
See the various branches of this repo for starts of attempts to handle 1 and 2.