A PyQt5 widget to manipulate (build, render and save) Graphviz graphs
A PyQT based GraphViz builder/renderer (100% opensource)
I was searching for a handy tool to code graphs using python then visualize them within my software. I found about graphviz which is a great tool to build graphs.
The problem is that you need to install the graphviz software in order to compile your file and render it. There is a graphviz package on PYPI that allows creating dot code that can then be processed by graphviz, but in practice, you need to install graphviz and somehow add it to your path in order to execute the render command.
PyGraphviz is another package that can be used. But as you can read in their documentation, you still need to install Graphviz.
I also found this visualizer based on pyQt4. It is a simple Qt based visualizer that tracks the updates on the .gv file and redraws it in realtime: DDorch/GraphVizLiveUpdateViewer
So since I didn't find any package out there that satifies my needs, I decided to create a pyQT5 based Graphviz tool that can visualize Graphviz code without the need to install Graphviz and provide it with MIT licence, so that other people can simply use it in their software.
Build python pyQT5 based QWidget that can visualize graphs and allow realtime interaction with graphs add edges and nodes, change attributes ...
As its name suggests, this module needs you to install pyqt5 package first.
pip install pyqt5
pip install QGraphViz
- Simple graphs visualization (nodes + edges)
- Siple graphs writing to file
- Graph nodes are now manipulable and we can add nodes and link them using the QWidget gui, wa can also delete nodes.
- User application is informed wen a new connection is created between two nodes, when a node is selected or when it is double clicked.
- Only two supported node shapes (box or oval)
- File parsing is not implemented yet
- Advanced nodes coloring and shapes are not yet implemented
- Subgraphs are not supported yet
- Only the dot layout is partially implemented
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size QGraphViz-0.0.4.tar.gz (5.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|