Open source library for continuous-variable quantum computation
This Strawberry Fields plugin library allows Strawberry Fields to interface with OpenFermion.
Strawberry Fields is a full-stack Python library for designing, simulating, and optimizing continuous variable (CV) quantum optical circuits.
OpenFermion is an open source package for compiling and analyzing quantum algorithms that simulate fermionic systems.
- Construct bosonic Hamiltonians in OpenFermion, and apply the resulting time propagation using a CV quantum circuit.
- Calculates the time-evolution unitary exactly for Gaussian Hamiltonians – these can then be decomposed into the base CV gate set of Strawberry Fields using the Bloch-Messiah decomposition.
- Particular non-Gaussian gate decompositions, using the Trotter formula, are also supported, including Bose-Hubbard Hamiltonians.
- The Hamiltonians submodule contains important OpenFermion-compatible CV Hamiltonians, including those corresponding to the gate set used in Strawberry Fields.
To get started, please see the online documentation
Installation of SFOpenBoson, as well as all required Python packages mentioned above, can be done using pip:
$ python -m pip install sfopenboson
- Source Code: https://github.com/XanaduAI/SFOpenBoson
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/XanaduAI/SFOpenBoson/issues
If you are having issues, please let us know by posting the issue on our Github issue tracker.
We also have a Strawberry Fields Slack channel - come join the discussion and chat with our Strawberry Fields team.
SFOpenBoson is free and open source, released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size SFOpenBoson-0.3.0-py3-none-any.whl (28.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size SFOpenBoson-0.3.0.tar.gz (24.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for SFOpenBoson-0.3.0-py3-none-any.whl