SWMM5 EA by Assela Pathirana
SWMM5 EA is a simple application to demonstrate how genetic algorithms can be used to solve optimization problems in the field of urban drainage. Typical problems it can solve include: Find the optimal pipe/channel sizes for a drainage network to handle a flow of a given magnitude. Sizing of SuDS systems for the same purpose. Cost-benefit optimization of interventions.
- Version 184.108.40.206 released to fix a bug in version 220.127.116.11. Do not use 18.104.22.168. It has compatibility problems.
US-EPA the author of the excellent SWMM software, has the annoying practice of removing old SWMM binaries each time they publish a new SWMM version. Old SWMM versions are not forward compatible in a straight-forward way. In order to avoid frustration, I am compelled to keep the newest SWMM binary that is compatible with SWMM5-EA for download. Download the swmm version from https://github.com/asselapathirana/swmm5-ea/releases .
SWMM5 EA has been tested only on python 2.7 (2.7.6). SWMM5 EA has following dependencies.
The package can be installed in variety of ways. :On Linux:
- Source distribution: SWMM5_EA-X.Y.Z.K.zip – can be installed to the python tree with ‘python setup.py install’
- Sources: SWMM5_EA-X.Y.Z.K.tar.gz – includes the whole development material in addition to the distribution
- Clone the latest source from github (same as b, but could be the latest version.) https://github.com/asselapathirana/swmm5-ea/
a) Install as a stand-alone software: Use the installer SWMM5_EA-X.Y.Z.K.exe – This is the recommended method if you just want to use the software. It is available at https://github.com/asselapathirana/swmm5-ea/releases . b) Install as a python package: Use SWMM5_EA-X.Y.Z.K.win32.exe c) Source distribution: SWMM5_EA-X.Y.Z.K.zip – can be installed to the python tree with ‘python setup.py install’ d) Sources: SWMM5_EA-X.Y.Z.K.tar.gz – includes the whole development material in addition to the distribution e) Clone the latest source from github (same as b, but could be the latest version.) https://github.com/asselapathirana/swmm5-ea/
If you installed swmm5ea as a stand-alone program (windows) use the start menu. If installed as a python package you can:
- Double click on swmm_ea_controller.py (in Python27Libsite-packagesswmm5ea directory for windows)
- Use within python as follows:
>>> from swmm5ea import swmm_ea_controller >>> sc=swmm_ea_controller.swmmeacontroller() >>> sc.show()
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|SWMM5_EA-22.214.171.124.win-amd64.exe (2.8 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||any||Sep 29, 2015|
|SWMM5_EA-126.96.36.199.zip (2.6 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 29, 2015|