A simple python library for quickly parsing records in a fixed width format.
A simple and very lightweight library for working with fixed width files.
Field(number: int, name: int, string: bool, size:int)
- number: int (Positional identifier for the field)
- name: str (Name of the field)
- string: bool (Indicates if the field is a string, if false it is numeric)
- size: int (Length of the field)
Field(5, 'Name', True, 30)
- name: str (Name of the RecordType, if you have more than one)
- fields: list (List of fields for the specification tied to the RecordType)
- field_widths: tuple (Returns tuple of the widths from the fields)
- field_names: list (Returns list of the field names)
Slices a string 's' in segments 'args' wide. Negative widths represent ignored padding fields.
- s: string
- args: list of widths for the string, negative numbers are skipped
Returns string 's' in a list, minus the skipped fields
Takes a string and extracts the record identifier if it exists.
- string (String to be sliced into a list of fields)
- rec_type_start=-1 (If the string contains a record identifier, this will start to parse it out)
- rec_type_end=-1 (If the string contains a record identifier, this will end to parse it out)
Returns Tuple of the record identifier and the string it was in.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for SimpleFixedWidth-0.0.2-py3-none-any.whl