Open source library for continuous-variable quantum computation
Strawberry Fields is a full-stack Python library for designing, simulating, and optimizing continuous variable quantum optical circuits.
- An open-source software architecture for photonic quantum computing
- Includes high-level functions for solving practical problems including graph and network optimization, machine learning and chemistry.
- Includes quantum simulators implemented using NumPy and TensorFlow—with built-in quantum compilation
- Future releases will target experimental backends, including photonic quantum computing chips
- Powers the Strawberry Fields Interactive web app, which allows anyone to run a quantum computing simulation via drag and drop
Strawberry Fields requires Python version 3.5, 3.6, or 3.7 (3.8 is currently not support). Installation of Strawberry Fields, as well as all dependencies, can be done using pip:
pip install strawberryfields
To use Strawberry Fields with TensorFlow, version 1.3 of TensorFlow is required. This can be installed alongside Strawberry Fields as follows:
pip install strawberryfields tensorflow==1.3
Or, to install Strawberry Fields and TensorFlow with GPU and CUDA support:
pip install strawberryfields tensorflow-gpu==1.3
Note that TensorFlow version 1.3 is only supported on Python versions less than 3.7.
To see Strawberry Fields in action immediately, try out our Strawberry Fields Interactive web application. Prepare your initial states, drag and drop gates, and watch your simulation run in real time right in your web browser.
Users interested in applications of photonic quantum computers should check out the Graphs and Networks, Machine Learning and Chemistry pages. Those wanting to dig deeper into the design of circuits can head to the quantum circuits page.
Developers can head to the development guide to see how they can contribute to Strawberry Fields.
Contributing to Strawberry Fields
We welcome contributions - simply fork the Strawberry Fields repository, and then make a pull request containing your contribution. All contributors to Strawberry Fields will be listed as authors on the releases.
We also encourage bug reports, suggestions for new features and enhancements, and even links to cool projects or applications built on Strawberry Fields.
- Source Code: https://github.com/XanaduAI/strawberryfields
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/XanaduAI/strawberryfields/issues
If you are having issues, please let us know by posting the issue on our Github issue tracker.
Strawberry Fields is free and open source, released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size StrawberryFields-0.12.1-py3-none-any.whl (3.0 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size StrawberryFields-0.12.1.tar.gz (3.0 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for StrawberryFields-0.12.1-py3-none-any.whl