A simple JSON API framework based on Tornado
Tornado-JSON is a small extension of Tornado with the intent of providing the tools necessary to get a JSON API up and running quickly.
Some of the key features the included modules provide:
- Input and output `JSON Schema <http://json-schema.org/>`__ validation by decorating RequestHandlers with @schema.validate
- Automated route generation with routes.get_routes(package)
- Automated `GFM <https://help.github.com/articles/github-flavored-markdown>`__-formatted API documentation using schemas and provided descriptions
- Standardized JSON output using the `JSend <http://labs.omniti.com/labs/jsend>`__ specification
How do I use this thing?
- Check out the Hello World demo for a quick example and the accompanying walkthrough in the documentation. And then **explore Tornado-JSON on readthedocs for the rest!**
Okay, but how do I install it?
- For the possibly stable
pip install Tornado-JSON
- For the latest and greatest
git clone https://github.com/hfaran/Tornado-JSON.git cd Tornado-JSON sudo python setup.py install
Neat, but ``x`` sucks, ``y`` is ugly, and ``z`` could be better.
- You would be awesome for opening an issue about it, and I’ll promise my best to take a look.
You completely changed the interface in a recent update; what gives?
- But newer is so much better! Seriously though, Tornado-JSON is, at the moment, still very much a work in progress. Updates will be made that will break the existing interface (and replace it with a shiny, new, much better one). All in the name of making it better! (And progress etc.)