pluggable captcha infrastructure for Trac with reCAPTCHA included
TracCaptcha is a Trac plugin to embed a captcha in the ticket page in addition to Trac’s regular permission checks so that spammers are kept out.
“It just works”: Installation and configuration is very simple, just install the egg and put two configuration options in your trac.ini. No database changes required.
Batteries included: The popular reCAPTCHA system is supported out of the box. Technically it’s a plugin - if you don’t like it you’re free to use any other plugin while still leverage the benefits from the general captcha infrastructure.
Does not annoy users: After the user entered the captcha once, he does not have to solve the captcha again for the same ticket when he just clicks ‘preview’. Also you can configure exempt certain users or groups (e.g. ‘all authenticated users’) from the captchas just by using Trac’s permission system.
Easy to extend: Protecting an additional page with a captcha is very simple. Implementing captchas for the ticket module took only 20 lines of code! Captchas for the DiscussionPlugin needed 21 lines of code!
Easy to write custom captchas: If you don’t like reCAPTCHA, you can still use the generic infrastructure with all its features: You implement the code to generate the captcha and validate the user’s input. TracCaptcha will take care of displaying your plugin in all supported pages!
- add more debug logging about CAPTCHA display and accepted/rejected solutions to identify better how spammers managed to file a spam ticket
- fix tests on current Trac trunk (0.13dev)
- fix: TICKET_ADMIN looses other ticket-related permissions on Trac < 0.13 thanks to Anton V. for reporting
- fix “installation” as egg file in Trac plugins folder
- integration in 3rd party Trac plugins: TracDiscussionPlugin and AccountManager (registration only)
- reCAPTCHA: select widget theme via trac.ini (requires simplejson for Python 2.3-2.5)
- reCAPTCHA: display the widget in the user’s locale (if translation is provided by the reCAPTCHA service)
- reCAPTCHA: use HTTPS to include script files if Trac page was served with HTTPS
- reCAPTCHA: show link for reCAPTCHA signup if no keys configured
- reCAPTCHA: use new Google URLs
- initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|TracCaptcha-0.3.1-py2.7.egg (67.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Mar 30, 2011|
|TracCaptcha-0.3.1.tar.gz (25.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Mar 30, 2011|