Text based but human and VCS friendly task manager
VCSTODO: a human and VCS friendly text based task manager
VCSTODO is a CLI program in the same spirit as Todotxt and many others.
It’s in dev, unstable, and with absolutly no garanty it currently works or will ever do. It’s just something I do as an experiment.
- Add tasks (content, and tags for now)
- List and filter tasks (by tags, status, then order and limit)
- Mark a task as todo or done
The main benefit of vcstodo compared to the other projects:
- (Very) Human friendly task file format
- One file per task, one directory for done tasks, one for todo task: it’s designed to be commited in your VCS
- Multiuser suport (weak, but plan to improve)
- Planning for comments
There is no pypi entry, but you can install it doing:
pip install git+git://repo
At your project root:
Add a task:
tdo add "This is a very important task" tdo add "A task with tags" --tags "stuff, that, matters"
tdo lst tdo tdo --status done --withtags "stuff"
Mark task as done:
tdo check 1
1 should be the task number given by tdo lst
Mark task as todo:
tdo uncheck 1
Use –help with any command to learn about options.
Do not count on it. It’s just noted as a reminder for me. The project could die tomorrow.
- options shortcuts
- Strong multi user capabilities
- Some commands to edit inline, and with a text editor
- Unit tests
- command completion
- Deep search command, maybe using
- A plugin architecture with a API
- Git integration using a plugin
- Some UI
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size VCSTodo-0.1.tar.gz (11.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|