A flexible forms validation and rendering library for Python web development.
WTForms is a flexible forms validation and rendering library for Python web development. It is framework agnostic and can work with whatever web framework and template engine you choose. There are various community libraries that provide closer integration with popular frameworks.
To get started using WTForms, we recommend reading the crash course in the docs.
Install and update using pip:
pip install -U WTForms
Third-Party Library Integrations
WTForms is designed to work with any web framework and template engine. There are a number of community-provided libraries that make integrating with frameworks even better.
- Flask-WTF integrates with the Flask framework. It can automatically load data from the request, uses Flask-Babel to translate based on user-selected locale, provides full-application CSRF, and more.
- WTForms-Alchemy provides rich support for generating forms from SQLAlchemy models, including an expanded set of fields and validators.
- WTForms-SQLAlchemy provides ORM-backed fields and form generation from SQLAlchemy models.
- WTForms-AppEngine provides ORM-backed fields and form generation from AppEnding db/ndb schema
- WTForms-AppEngine provides ORM-backed fields and form generation from Django models, as well as integration with Django’s I18N support.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|WTForms-2.2.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (166.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|WTForms-2.2.1.tar.gz (156.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|