Whatsapp chat analyzer with Python
Wtp is a tool to analyze Whatsapp chats.
This tool uses the chat history (that can be acquired by the Whatsapp option 'Export chat') and displays in graphs information such as:
- number of messages sent by each user;
- number of characters sent by each user;
- number of messages sent at each hour;
from Wtp import * wtp = Wtp("path\\to\\WhatsApp Chat with Some Group or Someone.txt") wtp.plot_msgs_by_users()
> pip install Wtp
There is an option to download the Wtp.py file and run:
> python Wtp.py [-h] -f FILE [-i] [-e] [-u USERS] [-r HIDE] [-m_users] [-w_users] [-c_users] [-m_user_w MSGS_USER_W] [-m_users_w] [-m_chat] [-m_chat_w]
Common methods flags:
- path_chat: path to the chat file (.txt);
- path_import: path to the JSON file;
- i: when True, initialize the object by the given JSON file. Default=False;
- _u_: number of users to show in graph. Default=All;
- hide: when True, display name/number of users in graph. Default=False.
- plot_msgs_users(_u_=None, hide=True): plot # of msgs by each user;
- plot_words_users(_u_=None, hide=True): plot # of words by each user;
- plot_charac_users(_u_=None, hide=True): plot # of characters by each user;
- plot_user_msgs_each_day(id, hide=True, t="u: 1"): plot # of msgs of a given id by each day of the week;
- plot_users_msgs_each_day(_u_=None, hide=True): plot # of msgs by each user by each day of the week;
- plot_chat_msgs_each_day(): plot # of msgs by each day of the week;
- plot_chat_msgs_each_hour(): plot # of msgs at each hour;
- export(name = "data.json", use_pprint = False): export all data into a JSON file;
- import_data(name = "data.json"): import all data from a given JSON file.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Wtp-0.0.6.1-py3-none-any.whl (4.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|Wtp-0.0.6.1.tar.gz (4.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|