Yet Another RSS downloader
Finds new files (called ‘items’) on a set of RSS feeds.
You can get help pages for every command by appending -h. I.e.:
yars add feed -h
- Download everything:
- yars run | xargs -r wget
- Display images from referenced pages:
- yars run | xargs -r wget -q -O - | grep -o -E ‘http[^”]*.jpeg’
- Download torrents, get files by ctorrent, finally delete torrents:
- yars run | grep -F ‘.torrent’ | tee newfiles | xargs -r wget
- && cat newfiles | xargs -r -L 1 ctorrent -E 1.5 -a && cat newfiles | xargs -r rm && rm newfiles
Example scenario for quickstart:
- Add a new feed:
- yars add feed
- “Dilbert Strips” “http://feeds.dilbert.com/DilbertDailyStrip”
- Add a new item:
- yars add item –search-words “Comic for” “part of comics’ caption”
- Download images from the feeds’ summary:
- yars run –summary | grep -o -E ‘http[^”]*.gif’ | xargs -r wget
Most probably you will want to use --prefix "comics" for all these commands to separate them i.e., from podcasts.
Licensed under the RECIPROCAL PUBLIC LICENSE, Version 1.1 or later (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/rpl.php
In addition to the License you agree on notifying the Author by email about changes you publish within two weeks. You notification has to contain a link to the publication or you must sent the Author a copy of the publication. You have to add the changes (either as patch or a new distribution, whatever you published) as attachment to that notification email.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Contact & Bug reports
W-Mark Kubacki <email@example.com>
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|YARS-1.0-py2.6.egg (11.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.6||Egg||Aug 14, 2010|
|YARS-1.0.tar.gz (7.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Aug 14, 2010|