Package for accessing CMIP6 database in real-time
acccmip6 package can access CMIP6 database in real-time.
- GitHub repo: https://github.com/TaufiqHassan/acccmip6
- Documentation: https://acccmip6.readthedocs.org.
- Real-time search and download from continuously updating CMIP6 database
- Find data for any specific items (e.g. model, experiment, variable, frequency, realm)
- Search and download any combination of the above items
- Find the total number of available files and realizations
- Validate your search items
- Get suggestions if necessary
- Access definition of the experiments
- Skips already existing files
Install is as simple as typing -
pip install acccmip6
Requires python v3.5 or up and pip. Mac users can use brew install python3 and python get-pip.py from terminal. Windows users can use Windows Subsystem.
You may also install the package via conda -
conda install -c thassan acccmip6
acccmip6 searches the live CMIP6 database and spits out currently available models, experiments and variables that satisfies your search criteria. It will also output the number of available files. acccmip6 also tries to be a good command-line interface (CLI). Run acccmip6 -h to see a help message with all the arguments you can pass.
- -o : Takes output type. ‘S’ for searching the database or ‘D’ for downloading from the database.
- -m : Model names (multiple comma separated names are allowed)
- -e : Experiment names
- -f : CMIP6 output frequency (e.g. mon, day etc.)
- -v : Variable names
- -r : Realm name (e.g. atmos, ocean etc.)
- -rlzn : Select a specified realization
- -c : ‘yes’ to use checker when searching or downloading. This helps to find out whether the search items are currently available. If not, it will produce suggestions that matches closely to your search.
- -desc : ‘yes’ to get the description of the experiments searched for
- -dir : Download directory
- -skip : Skip any item (model/experiment/realizations) from your download
- -time : ‘yes’ to print out all available time periods
- -yr : Select data for a time period (number of years)
Search CMIP6 database with acccmip6 -o S
Download CMIP6 data with acccmip6 -o D
This code is licensed under the MIT License.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size acccmip6-4.1.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl (101.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size acccmip6-4.1.5.tar.gz (110.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for acccmip6-4.1.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl