Write professional web interface with Python
Write professional web interface with Python.
This library is good for: data projects, tools and scripts, small IT systems and management systems, Hacker or Hackathon projects. Basically if you need an interface for your system and you don't care much about customizing the style or performance for large traffic, consider this package.
This project is based on Flask and Ant Design Pro.
- No HTML, CSS, JS needed
- Database agnostic: feed content at your own, no matter it's MySql, Sqlite, Excel tables, Firebase or some IoT hardware
- JWT based authentication/login system with a neat login page
- Forms and detail pages
- Line and Bar Chart
- Create decent looking menus
- Data tables with pagination
- Adaptive to small screens and mobile devices
Installation and quick start
install the package with pip:
pip install adminui
The basic "form page" example:
# example_form.py from adminui import * app = AdminApp() def on_submit(form_data): print(form_data) @app.page('/', 'form') def form_page(): return [ Form(on_submit = on_submit, content = [ TextField('Title', required_message="The title is required!"), TextArea('Description'), FormActions(content = [ SubmitButton('Submit') ]) ]) ] if __name__ == '__main__': app.run()
Run the Python file:
Then visit http://127.0.0.1:5000/ to see the result.
Hosted on Read the Docs
Contributing and Development
This is a personal project. So please create issues to tell me what you need from this project.
You may also give stars to let me know if this project is worthy to invest more time on.
To work with the source code:
This project has a Typescript front-end and a Python backend.
The front-end is in the
The back-end is in the
To start developing:
- cd into
/pythonfolder and run
pip install -r requirements.txtto install requirements
- run one of the example_xxx.py file in the
- Open another terminal, run
npm startat the root folder to start the frontend;
Under this development mode, requests from front-end will forward to the backend.
When you are done with developing:
npm run buildwill build the project.
The front-end is based on the amazing Ant Design Pro library, you may consult their documentation during the development.
The Python backend is located in
/python/adminui. It is Flask based. There are some examples in the
Release log for early preview
- 0.3.7: added Upload component
- 0.3.6: fixed issue #12 where error messages are displayed (only) in Chinese
- 0.3.5: added prepare function for using with tornado; added slider, switch and multiple select function
- 0.3.4: allow redirect to a different page after logged in
- 0.3.3: added on_change handler for form controls
- 0.3.2: added (dangerous) RawHTML control
- 0.3.1: newlines now work in Paragraph; adding color="" attribute in Paragraph; fixed a bug in CombinedAction and now you can use an array instead of CombinedAction
- 0.3.0: added ReplaceElement and UpdateElement as Page Actions
- 0.2.1: added SelectBox, CheckboxGroup and DatePicker as form controls; fixed bug in authentication
- 0.2.0: added authentication system
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size adminui-0.3.7-py3-none-any.whl (7.5 MB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size adminui-0.3.7.tar.gz (916.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|