afthermal is currently in alpha status. This is a snapshot release of the development branch. While it is used productively, some features may be unfinished or undocumented.
Partially, it is inspired by previous efforts:
afthermal try to be more pythonic and efficient than previous efforts, which have mostly been 1:1 ports from other languages. Additionally it is not focused on education but rather on being a reliable library for handling this kind of hardware.
- Comfortable handling of text formatting
- Adapters to print images from PIL / Pillow as well as OpenCV
- A fast Floyd-Steinberg implementation to dither OpenCV images.
- Command-line utilities for calibrating the printer for optimum speed and quality, as well as other capabilities
- Support for printing QR codes via PyQRCode without having to render them into images first
|||Specification is available at http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/CSN-A2%20User%20Manual.pdf|
afthermal is installable from pip. It supports an extra feature named tools, installing it will include cli tools for calibrating the printer, printing test images or other tasks:
$ pip install 'afthermal[tools]'
The complete documentation is housed at http://pythonhosted.org/afthermal.