An async GeoJSON client library for planes using information from a Flight Air Map server.
This library provides convenient async access to local Flight Air Map geojson feed.
This is an adaption of the NSW RFS Incidents feed by Malte Franken.
pip install aio-geojson-flightairmap
See below for examples of how this library can be used. After instantiating a
particular class - feed or feed manager - and supply the required parameters,
you can call
update to retrieve the feed data. The return value
will be a tuple of a status code and the actual data in the form of a list of
feed entries specific to the selected feed.
- OK: Update went fine and data was retrieved. The library may still return empty data, for example because no entries fulfilled the filter criteria.
- OK_NO_DATA: Update went fine but no data was retrieved, for example because the server indicated that there was not update since the last request.
- ERROR: Something went wrong during the update
||Coordinates (tuple of latitude/longitude)|
||Radius in kilometers around the home coordinates in which events from feed are included.|
import asyncio from aiohttp import ClientSession from aio_geojson_flightairmap import FlightAirMapFeed async def main() -> None: async with ClientSession() as websession: # Home Coordinates: Latitude: -33.0, Longitude: 150.0 # Filter radius: 50 km feed = FlightAirMapFeed(websession, (-33.0, 150.0), filter_radius=20000) status, entries = await feed.update() print(status) print(entries) for e in entries: print(e.publication_date) print(e.coordinates) print(e.flight_num) asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete(main())
Feed entry properties
Each feed entry is populated with the following properties:
|geometry||All geometry details of this entry.||
|coordinates||Best coordinates (latitude, longitude) of this entry.||
|external_id||The unique public identifier for this incident.||
|title||Title of this entry.||
|attribution||Attribution of the feed.||n/a|
|distance_to_home||Distance in km of this entry to the home coordinates.||n/a|
|publication_date||The publication date of the incidents.||
The Feed Manager helps managing feed updates over time, by notifying the consumer of the feed about new feed entries, updates and removed entries compared to the last feed update.
- If the current feed update is the first one, then all feed entries will be reported as new. The feed manager will keep track of all feed entries' external IDs that it has successfully processed.
- If the current feed update is not the first one, then the feed manager will
produce three sets:
- Feed entries that were not in the previous feed update but are in the current feed update will be reported as new.
- Feed entries that were in the previous feed update and are still in the current feed update will be reported as to be updated.
- Feed entries that were in the previous feed update but are not in the current feed update will be reported to be removed.
- If the current update fails, then all feed entries processed in the previous feed update will be reported to be removed.
After a successful update from the feed, the feed manager provides two different dates:
last_updatewill be the timestamp of the last update from the feed irrespective of whether it was successful or not.
last_update_successfulwill be the timestamp of the last successful update from the feed. This date may be useful if the consumer of this library wants to treat intermittent errors from feed updates differently.
last_timestamp(optional, depends on the feed data) will be the latest timestamp extracted from the feed data. This requires that the underlying feed data actually contains a suitable date. This date may be useful if the consumer of this library wants to process feed entries differently if they haven't actually been updated.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size aio_geojson_flightairmap-0.4.15-py3-none-any.whl (11.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size aio_geojson_flightairmap-0.4.15.tar.gz (6.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for aio_geojson_flightairmap-0.4.15-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for aio_geojson_flightairmap-0.4.15.tar.gz